#40 I prayed to survive.

"Is it true you took Olivia's virginity in the parking lot of the towns cinema?" Chloe asked me as she looked down her nose at me.

"No." I said simply.

"That's not what she's saying, wouldn't have her making rumours up if I were you, she's making you sound soft." she said with a bitchy tone that screamed she was lying through her teeth.

I rolled my eyes and moved onto my next class, ignoring the stupidity of the senior class.

"Liam, Olivia's telling everyone she's pregnant with your baby. Should of wrapped it up man." Jake said, patting me on the back unexpectedly.

"Jesus." I said shrugging away from his touch and moving away from him.

I was getting fed up of these rumours, not so much for me but I knew they would make Olivia feel uncomfortable like that time everyone said we hooked up. I really didn't want to ruin our budding friendship. When my geography teacher announced independent study on the computers I practically jumped for joy at the time alone. As soon as I logged on I got a influx of messages through the schools instant messaging service.

Zak Adams: Hey Liam what you in?

Liam Maines: Geography

Zak Adams: Your Olives here. (so is Ben)

Lucky bastard.

Chantelle Smith: Liam wanna hook up?

Liam Maines: You know these chats are monitored, right?

I looked through the list of people online because if Olivia was with Zak and he was online she probably was too. My face lit up as soon as I spotted the green dot next to her name. Suddenly I minimized all of the other chats and didn't bother to reopen them.

Liam Maines: What you in?

Olivia Charles: History

Liam Maines: That sucks ass, I got to go the arcade after school. You wanna join me?

Olivia Charles: No thanks.

Something was wrong with her, her answers were abrupt and I felt like I was bothering her. Maybe the rumours had got to her, or I had done something wrong.

Liam Maines: Ok. Yesterday was fun, same time next week?

Olivia Charles: I think I'm busy that day.

Liam Maines: Jeeze Liv, what is up with the cold shoulder?

Olivia Charles: Nothing. I gotta go.

Jesus I forgot she didn't confront the problems she quite clearly had. I couldn't sit here not knowing what her issue was, I needed to talk to her. So I raised my hand and asked for the bathroom pass. I reached the history classroom and knocked on the door, peeking my head inside.

"Excuse me sir, Principal Jenkins would like to borrow Olivia Charles for a few minutes if possible." I smiled politely and spoke with professionalism making sure her teacher didn't suspect my words lacked in truth.

My friends nearly gave me away, but I nodded in their direction and waited for the history teacher to address Olivia who looked anything but pleased at my appearance.

"Seriously" she muttered and I gave her a look that told her not to mess with me she rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag, following me out of the room.

I led her towards the janitors closet using my key to unlock the door, I gestured for her to walk inside before me and then I closed the door and pulled on the string to light up the closet. Her nose twitched as she adjusted to the fumes of bleach and cleaning products that I was pretty much used to by now. I didn't wait for her to look around inspecting the shelves, I wanted to hear her problem.