13

JAMES

Her eyes danced in the candlelight, lingering on me with each passing glance.

Leah looked like a flushed baby cherub, innocent and yet a little mischievous. Her wings were two empty wine glasses posted beside her soft, round arms.

The moment she'd commanded the table with her conclusions, she'd been glowing. She was proud of herself.

Despite my efforts to control it, I was proud of her. It had been a long while since I found any woman desirable, but Leah Harris attracted parts of me that might have always been under lock and key. Even with Marissa.

"What a delight it has been," Joan said. "We should do this again sometime."

I nodded. "I'm sure we will. Next month, most likely."

"Always such a smart ass." Danielle chuckled cattily. Her eyes raked over me slowly.

Joan's hand moved under the table and I knew she was attempting to control her spawn. I'd never cared much for Danielle, the brunette Malibu Barbie she was, but I admired her loyalty and capability.

Tonight, however, she'd only been a nuisance. It seemed as though I was seeing her as she was for the first time. A jealous bitch.

She made it evident that Leah was below her. Leah professionally gave her the "fuck off." It had nearly brought a smile to my face.

"It was nice to meet you both," Leah was telling them, "and I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon."

"I'm sure," Danielle drawled, shaking Leah's extended hand.

Joan kissed Leah's hand and then hugged me. She whispered in my ear, "Get this one back to your hotel safely. She's a little tipsy."

I clapped her shoulder. "I could recommend the same to you, Joan."

She laughed and I slid a hand along Leah's lower back, guiding her towards the door. Danielle called after me, but I pretended not to hear. A gust of wind barreled into us as we stepped outside. I checked my phone for our Uber and memorized the car before putting my cell away.

My gaze then found its sole focus on Leah. She stood on the curb with a grin. Leaning into the wind, she seemed to be taking in the rush of late-night traffic and the buzz of electronic billboards over our heads.

"That went well," I told her. I wanted to grab her by the waist and kiss her, but the little hint of good judgment still in my grasp prevented me from doing so.

Leah looked over at me. Her eyes were glassy. Their earnestness penetrated some weak part of me that ached for her.

"Did it?" she countered teasingly.

I blew off her tease and rolled my eyes. "You impress me, Leah Harris. That is a rare occurrence."

"Then you don't get out enough, Mr. Muller."

My loins burned. I felt my dick go rail-hard against the confines of my trousers. Every time she called me by my title, my cock experienced immediate arousal. Visions of those sweet nectar lips wrapped around my cock while my tongue circled those magnificent tits danced in my head.