Chapter 15

Anastasia Rayne

To say that I was shock was an understatement. His question caught me completely off guard and made me wondered what the hell was going on in his head.

I was completely deeply and utterly attracted to his intimidating attitude and physical appearance all right, that I admitted. But, falling in love with him was a bit too much knowing I had just met him and all. I tried to kill his entire family for God's sake.

I was no expert in this love thing but I was sure as hell, me attempting to murder his family, putting my blade at his throat wasn't a way of showing love.

This delusional fucker must had got the wrong sign, making false assumptions.

I stared at the sly bastard in pure horror letting him know what was going on in my mind trying to telepathically tell him that love and I never crossed path, I grew up in a world without love. As soon as my mother died in front of my eyes the definition of that word was lost into the depth of the ocean.

So, it was safe to say that I wasn't capable of love. I was clueless on how it worked.

His question however made me pity myself. I meant how could a human live without knowing what love felt like, as it was described as the most beautiful feeling to ever existed and everyone should felt loved.

" Are you still here, Ana? " he asked tapping my cheek lightly.

Curling my fingers into a fist I raised my hand from the mug I was holding and punched the asshole in front of me in his illegally handsome face. My fist met his left cheek making a slight cracking sound.

And, for the first time ever I regretted hurting someone. What if I broke his face? But, would it make him at least a little bit uglier just so I could kill him more easily when time came.

The punch was so powerful that it made him stumbled off his chair falling to the ground making a loud thud, or maybe it caught him off guard and he totally didn't see it coming.

" Look like you're the one falling for me, Nick. " I laughed throwing my head back.

" Jesus Christ, woman. What the fuck is wrong with you? " he grunted holding his jaw.

I jumped off my chair with a big grin on my face before rushing to help him up.

" There's blood dripping out of your mouth. " I sighed as I examined his face.

" What do you think? You broke my fucking jaw you idiot. " he gritted glaring at me.

He cursed under his breath as I damped cotton ball on his burst lips, cleaning off the blood. I took a pack of ice from the little fridge in the kitchen and then pressing it to his jaw trying to at least ease the pain as a purple bruise started to show.

For the first time after knowing the ruthless doctor, Eden I wished his cold ass was here to do his magical treatment on his brother because I was obviously shitty at treating a semi broken jaw. Hell, I didn't know what the hell was I doing exactly.

It was when his hot breath fanned my face that I had realized my face was inches away from his. I looked down at his lips for a moment before coming back up to stare at his eyes, he was already looking at me with an unreadable expression then the grey eyes trailed down to my lips making me swallowed.

His hands suddenly made contact with each side of my waist pulling me up from my kneeling position onto his laps, making me straddling him on the single couch in front of the fireplace of the little cottage's living room. I bit my lips nervously as we both stuck under each other's gaze.