Chapter 54

Nicholas Salvatore

I wondered what crossed her mind when our eyes met again after all these years. Because the first time I looked at her, I felt everything inside of me burning. It was then when I realized that no matter how much time passed, my heart would always skip at the sight of her and that terrified the shit out of me.

She walked into the ballroom taking my breath away. Her golden dress fit her body liked a glove bringing out her beautiful hazel eyes that I loved so much. The neckline of her dress dipped down so low leaving enough to the imaginations of all men, the sight of the swell of her breasts almost spilling out made my slacks tightened painfully, and hands clutching the glass trying to contain myself from pouncing on her or killed every men in this fucking room.

Her hair was the shade of a lighter brown, shiny as silk and I couldn't help but wanted to run my fingers through it liked I used to. I trailed my eyes down drinking in her fuller curves and the leg peaking out of the slit of her dress that seemed to be never ending. She was still the most beautiful woman in my eyes.

She was furious when she fought me. The rage glinting across her eyes, tears glistening threatened to pour out and her shaky hands as she throw her knives at me out of anger, I let her. She had a reason to be pissed but I had mine too and so we fought back and forth.

Hurting each other physically was a thousand times better than torturing our hearts. The fight between her and I was an anger releasing spar, we fought to get out the angers we held for the last four years.

Because in that moment anger was better than any other emotion, better than grief, than guilt.

I had her pressed to the wall with a knife slitting into her throat but all I could think about was finally having her in my arms again even under different circumstances. Her sweet scent filled up my nostrils and for once my heart was at peace. The feelings of her soft skin under me felt as amazing and as magical as I remembered, the sparks were still there and somehow that made me a whole lot better.

Better than I had ever been in the last four years.

The peace I was feeling was gone the moment her father walked in with my sister, unconscious. My heart stopped and breath hitched in my throat as all bad memories came rushing back in, remembering who she was.

I pushed her away liked her skin was burning me alive, liked I couldn't even stand the sight of her. She looked broken, shattered as I walked away. I had never believed that beauty could exist in self destruction but she was my living proof.

The looks in her eyes hunted me and I wanted nothing than to pull her into my arm telling her that all was fine everything was going to be okay, but my family needed me.

" Are you my daddy? " Madeline mumbled looking at me with her big eyes, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I scanned her face with a thumping heart, threatened to burst out of my chest. My eyes trained on her and solely her, she had my undivided attention at the moment and nothing beside her faded away into nothingness.

I bored my eyes into hers and I could see was myself. She was a complete resemblance of me with a hinge of her mother. She had my eyes, the same stormy grey but a shade lighter. Even a half blind man could tell we were related. How could I not noticed?

" Yes. I'm your father. " I smiled, caressing her cheek with the back of my palm.

My daughter. I had a daughter.

A three years old little girl who I didn't know existed until a few hours ago. The same little girl I met a week ago, I held her in my arms and kissed her face without knowing she was my flesh and blood.