Chapter 57

Anastasia Rayne

" Good morning, mama. " Madeline whispered giggly into my ears as she kissed all over my face.

A huge grin formed on my lips before my eyes fluttered opened. My daughter straddled on my stomach happily with each of her little fists under her chin as she watched me sleep. I pulled my arms from under the duvet and wrapped it around her tiny body, bringing her into my chest.

" Good morning, baby. Why is my little mads so happy today? " I cooed kissing his chubby cheek.

" Spring is starting, mama. Let's go ride our horses and see our flowers. " she squealed pulling away from my grip and started jumping up and down.

First of all, who the fuck got up at seven in the morning to go see flowers. But, what could I possibly say? My daughter was a ray of sunshine.

Flowers were starting to turn into their full blooms, decorating our farm with rainbow color. Madeline rode on the back of her snowy white pony along side me, on my own horse. A huge grin stayed on her lips as we made ours way into the farm to meet up with our new ranch hand for the season.

The sun was high and bright yellow among the clear blue sky. Trees swaying along the wind as the newly grown leaves danced in rhythm. Mixed smell of all kind of flowers and the lemons on our trees filled the air, freshening the whole farm. This was home.

My heart skipped at the sight of the man standing under the lemon tree in the middle of our farm. Tall and a mass of golden brown hair. I couldn't see his face as he had his back toward us. I scanned his black dress shirt, fancy matching trouser, and a pair of black boots with curiosity, eyebrows raising in disbelief.

Madeline and I got off our horses a few feet away from the tree before we both walked toward the man, hand in hand.

" Nick? " My eyes widened at when the ranch hand turned toward us.

Grey eyes glinting with amusement. His signature smirk playing on his lips as he looked at me. He was here for something and I knew he had a plan.

" Nicholas Evan. Pleasure to meet you ma'am. " he smirked, holding out his hand.

I quickly recovered from my shock and shook his hand, eyes blinking furiously. " Anastasia. "

What the fuck was he doing here?

" Daddy. " Maddie squealed as she skipped happily into her father's awaiting arms.

" How's my princess doing? " he chuckled, picking her up before planting a kiss on her cheek.

" We're meeting our new ranch hand. " she grinned wrapping her arms around his neck.

" What are you doing here? " I asked, cocking an eyebrow at him.

The smirk on his stupid face seemed to grow even wider at my question. I narrowed my eyes at him, arms crossing over my chest.

" I'm the new ranch hand. " he shrugged making Madeline squealed in excitement.

I totally didn't see any excitement in this situation.

" No. You're not. Leave. "

" But, mommy I want daddy to stay here with us. " mads pouted, turning her face toward mine, eyes started to glisten with clear water.

You had got to be fucking kidding me.

" You're making her cry. " the idiot glared at me playfully, pulling her head into his chest.

" He knows nothing about farm, mads. Do you want the chickens to eat your daddy? They might not like him. " I shrugged, gesturing to the small wooden house.