Chapter 53

Anastasia Rayne

Some people were born to fight and never had a chance to be soft. It wasn't because that we were born strong, we were just among the unlucky ones trying to survive life. Those people were me.

At three years old I had blood scatter across my face, my own mother's. I could still feel it dripping down from my cheek to my neck but I never said anything about it. I wasn't allowed to cry or even mourn. He said it would have made me weak. I couldn't effort to be weak.

A few years after that girls my age played with their dolls, dressing up as princesses and went to school. I killed for the first time. I had my blood on my hands. I believed it was normal, as long as father was proud of me. Teenage years arrived, I got even worse. I never washed the blood off of my hands. I got used to it, killing was a job I had to do as an heiress and a mafia princess.

Adulthood entered, blood burned my skin like wild fire and murders stained my soul. I said nothing about it because deep down I knew I enjoyed it. He had succeeded. I was a complete monster ready to be at his service any time and any hour.

Fate was cruel but what I could I say life had always been unfair. It wasn't fair that I was born with fire in my blood and steels as my bone, facing trails after trails, got broken, and damaged in countless ways but I got through it all.

I was born to kill and I was going to kill every last one of his men, those who didn't pick to be on my side.

My dress was torn in half, covered in fresh metallic blood, standing barefoot in the middle of the room holding a gun in my hand and another clutching a dagger. The grand ballroom was turned upside down into a bloodbath as his men fought mine creating chaos in every corners.

I jumped on the man rushing toward me, grabbing his neck and slit his throat with the dagger in my hand. Another one came in, this time I fired my gun making him dropped dead on the ground beside my feet. My eyes drifted to the corner of the room, Rose Mary stood against the wall, her eyes watered up in tears and hand clutching her stomach in pain. It was then when I remembered Madeline hitting her pregnant belly and my heart skipped a bit. No matter how bitchy she was, the baby didn't deserve this. So, I gestured to one of my men to go help her.

The fight went on, bullets flying over our heads, knife being thrown, and fighting became more aggressive as time passed. My lips burst, blood dripping as he threw another punch at me. Grunting in pain, I caught his fist and threw a punch in his stomach making him stumbled back. The man stroke up back into his feet as soon as he hit the ground ready to fight me again when his blood spattered on my face before he dropped dead on the ground, revealing my friend, Rudrika's swollen face holding a gun in her hand.

" We will take care of this. Go find that bastard. " she said and I nodded my head.

I ran across the room, dodging and fighting my way out to the hallway. Dead bodies laying everywhere covering the ground of the mansion, blood dripping down the wall and on the floor. Metallic smell lingered in the air. The Petrov's mansion had officially became a war zone and the leader was no where to be found.

What a great king.

" I know you would be here, hiding on your throne as always while your people fight to death for you. Quite pathetic really. No wonder why your brother didn't let you take over. " I chuckled walking up to Damien.

He sat still devouring his expensive champagne without a care in the world. He was trying not to show me emotions but I could see fear glinting in his eyes as he looked at me.

" You look horrid, my dear. Blood looks divine on you. " he complimented raising his glass.

" Take a seat and have a drinks with me for old time sake. " he gestured to the seat in front of him.