Chapter 48

Nicholas Salvatore

Our story didn't end well but it was the best one I knew. Four years passed and I still loved her just as much as I did when I had her in my arms all those years ago. It hurt me having her in my life, knowing about her betrayal and lies, and yet it hurt even more not having her in my life.

My love for her was strong but it wasn't enough for me to find it in my heart to forgive her for what she had done. I never told my family what happened between us. I couldn't tell them she wasn't who we thought she really was. I didn't want to break my mother's heart and I never wanted anyone to resent my Ana.

Most of all, I didn't want to make them feel guilty for getting in between my love life knowing I left her just to protect them.

She and I, we weren't mean to fall in love. She warned me and I didn't listen causing us both a wound impossible to heal.

I was angry, furious when I found out the first girl I ever loved lie to me about who she was. I loved her, I really did but I couldn't bare the pain creeping inside when I learned she was our family's biggest enemy with an intention to kill us all.

I knew she was willing to stop her plan for the sake of our love but I also knew she loved her father, no matter what he did to hurt her. He was her first love and a daughter's love for her father was stronger than anything.

So, I couldn't help but think the worst, what if one day her father came and made her chose between him and I all while putting my whole family in danger. I wouldn't want her in that situation. So, I knew I had to let her go for the sake of herself and mine.

I still remembered the looks on her face when I pointed my gun at her. The pains reflected in her eyes as I poured my soul out to her in that same basement. The feeling of her tears wetting the inside of my palm as we had our last kiss never left, still lingered on my skin to these days. She still owned me and I knew for the fact that nothing would be able to help me get over her.

Anastasia Rayne wasn't the kind of girl that you would ever forget.

So, I drown myself in my own sorrow. I worked all days then spent all my night drinking and partying until dawn and started all over again. The same routine repeated for four years and still I couldn't get over her.

" Nicholas Evan, we are here to enjoy the weekend together not for you to sulk in the bloody corner. " mother scolded pulling my ears.

" Ow mom. Stop. " I yelped in pain.

" Mother, I really don't think a family trip to the country is going to help him. Nico is a loss case. " Eden groaned walking into the living of our farm house.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance but didn't say a word. He was right going on some trip wasn't going to help me get over her or magically brought my old happy self back.

But, whatever mother wanted mother got.

It was rare for the whole Salvatore's family to leave the estate behind liked this but once in a while we always got together for a trip somewhere. And, today was one of those rare occasions.

My mother literally threatened everyone to stop whatever the hell they were doing for a the weekend and came to Cambridge together as one big happy family except no one was happy about this trip beside her and my father.

" We stayed in the estate so much I almost forgot we bought this farm house. " my mother said as she walked around the place, dragging me with her by my ear.

" I think you can let go now. " I said making her grunted before finally letting me go.

" Okay. I'm going to take a walk down the street. I'm manifesting hot country chicks. " Elliot said pointing to the door.