Chapter 33

Nicholas Salvatore

The first time I met her, I had no damn idea I would ever be trapped by a girl. Everything about her bewitched me. Her face was all the last thing I saw flashing through my eyes when darkness consumed me. A car crashed into me and all I heard was her voice ringing in me.

I knew I had it bad for her and it wasn't just lust the moment I feared of dying for the first time in my life. Death was inevitable in my lifestyle I learned to never fear it since I was just a little kid. But, the thought of never seeing her again scared me more than death itself. I knew I couldn't die in that car crash.

Not when we didn't get to say goodbye.

So, imagine my rage and disappointment when I woke up from a long surgery and found out that she was gone.

" Find her before I burn this fucking country into ashes. " I snapped glaring at everyone in the room.

" I never thought of you as the type to lose your sanity for a girl. There's some hope for you after all. " my mother gave me a small smile before pulling me into a light hug.

I leaned my head against her chest feeling the warmth and love radiating off her and I calmed down almost immediately. I let out a heavy sigh as I slowly lifted my arms up to wrap around her waist.

" She will be back. I think. " Eden said scratching the back of his head as he entered the room looking at me nervously.

I suddenly jerked my head up from my mother's grasp and focused on my little brother. I narrowed my eyes at him urging him to go on with whatever the hell he was going to say.

" I believe the father of William Johnson caused your accident. I don't know how your girlfriend found out but she looked ready to kill the guy for you. So, I let her go and send some little helpers after her liked she requested. "

" Look, you can't blame me it would be stupid to argue with a raging woman. And, I could never stop her anyways. " Eden finished his speech in one breath.

Knowing that reckless pretty little thing I knew he was right. No one would be able to stop her.

I took a deep breath before closing my eyes. At least we knew where she went and what did she want to do. It would be a lie if I said that I didn't feel the rush of pride and egos pushing through my vein and the happiness radiating off me.

She was willing to kill for me. Well, it was her job to protect me and kill for my family. But, there was something that told me she did it because of me not because she had to.

" Okay. I get it your girl is willing to kill for you now stop smiling so much. You look stupid. " Eden rolled his eyes at me playfully.

I waited for her to come back every hours I spent on my hospital bed. I shot up every times I heard the sound of my door cracking opened hoping she finally came back to me, but she never did. Hours turned into days and before I knew it she was gone for a whole week to god knew where.

I was getting restless waiting for her. I was always an impatient man the only thing that stopped me from ripping the strings attached to my body off and went after her was my stupid broken bones and so I waited some more until I threatened to murder the bloody doctor to released me three days ago.

Three days I spent searching the whole England turning the city upside down but still nothing. It was liked she vanished into thin air and Anastasia Rayne never existed at all. I was starting to believe that she was a mere dream I had just woke up from.

" I told you to fucking bring her home. " I growled punching the useless piece of shit in front of me.

" Sir, please we're trying. "

" All you have done is failing me. Do you want me to fucking shoot you? " I barked angrily.

" Get the fuck out of my face before I kill every single last one of your useless team. "

People really needed to stop pissing me off one of these days. My patience was running low day by day, all they needed to do was fine my fucking girl before I lost all my hair and they lost their lives but no these fuckers chose to be useless.

I grumpily walked into the living room and dropped myself on the couch. The whole Salvatore's household was attached to my hips, they took turn looking after me liked I was some fragile ancient vase that could break any moment. I knew my family wanted nothing but the best for me and my health but this was starting to piss me off. Fuck, I was always pissed at everyone and everything.

That was why she needed to come home, to me. So, I could calm the fuck down.

" A delivery for you, sir. " Cora, the girl I had saved from the street years ago walked into the living room with a square box in her hands.

I cocked an eyebrow at the brown box trying to think if I had ordered anything while my parents looked between me and the box curiously. Cora walked out of the room shortly after she set the box on the coffee table. I got up from the couch I was sitting on and grabbed the blade I kept on my waistband. I cut the box opened swiftly hoping it wasn't fucking bomb.

Whatever was hiding in that box was covered by a grey cloth and there was a small note on top. I took it out and started reading it.

You tasted like forever in our temporary moment, Nick. I would do anything to have a taste of you again, like a secret or a sin. But, we weren't meant to be, my love. I would never be good enough for you.

Think of this as a farewell gift from me. -your Ana

I felt my heart thumping against my ribcage and fire building inside of me as I read her goodbye letter.

How dare she made my decision for me. It wasn't hers to make. I thought I made it cleared I wanted her and not even her would stop me from having what I wanted.

With a heavy heart I folded the note in half and stuffed it to the back of my pocket before taking the cloth revealing the head of the man who almost ended my life.

" Fuck. I swear to god if you don't marry this girl I will marry Eden off to her. " my mother said holding her chest as she peaked over to look at the thing inside the box.

" Why are you marrying your son off to the she devil? Pick Elliot instead. They even had a moment. " Eden grumbled shaking his head furiously.

" I can't marry her. Are you insane? She'd kill me within a week. " Elliot said backing away from the idea.

" She's mine and that's why she needs to come home, to me willingly or forcefully. "

" That girl is an assassin, son. You will never find her if she doesn't want to be found. " my father chuckled looking at me amusingly, obviously enjoyed seeing his own son miserable.

" I'm going to find her and chase her to the end of the world if that the last thing I do. "

➺ ✿ ➻