part 7 | why

The lights suddenly turned back on before Hajime could get off you, sending a strange message to the others.

"W-What the fuck!?" Kazuichi exclaimed, a shocked expression on his face.

"Oh my god! Those horny pigs took an opportunity to fuck during the blackout!" Hiyoko laughed evilly, pointing fingers and mocking you two.

"No, we didn't, me and him were looking for a lightswitch when we tripped, presumably over Mikan."

"Y-Yeah!" Hajime said, removing his hands from your boobs and his legs from between yours.

Hajime stood up and held a hand out for you, which you took, getting up and standing with the others.

After that, everyone's attention was on Mikan, who was lying on the floor in a much worse pose than you and Hajime. You were about to say something when you felt someones cold breath on your neck.

"Is that really what happened between you and Hajime?" They asked, a hint of annoyance in your voice and you soon realized it was Nagito.

"Mhm, why do you ask?" You queried, perking a brow and turning around to face him.

"No reason." He smiled.

"I-I'm sorry! I tripped again!" Mikan squealed, her eyes welled with tears.,

"Seriously, how do you tip and end in a pose like that?!" Hajime questioned, but soon shut up when he remembered what happened with you and him.

"You're one to speak!"

"Yayy! An erotic pose! This must be a fan service moment!" Hiyoko shouted.

"I can't take this at all! Quick Mahiru, snap a pic!" Ibuki yelled, her mouth-watering.

"P-Please no!" 

"Please don't Mahiru, that would be, indecent, to say the least." 

"I'm afraid I can't do that Ibuki. That would be...inappropriate!"

"Just help her up already!" You huffed, bending down and reaching a hand out for her.

"P-Please!"

Mikan took your hand and lifted herself up.

"T-Thank you!" Mikan stuttered, brushing off her clothes and flashing a smile at you.

"Guys, where's Byakuya?" Hajime asked, searching around the room for him.

"Hmm, we should look for him," Nagito suggested, looking toward you.

You grabbed your sketchbook and stared at the finished drawing, ripping it out of the book before slipping the sketchbook back into your backpack.

"Is it alright if you come with me Y/N?" Nagito asked, tapping your shoulder gently.

"Yeah, I don't mind." You smiled.

"Hey you two, we get it you have a thing for each other. Don't, fuck Nagito as you did with Hajime!" Hiyoko snorted, turning her nose up at you two.

"But me and Hajime, we didn't even fuck...?"

"Let's go, just ignore what Hiyoko says."

You and Nagito left the room in search of Byakuya.

"Hey, Nagito?"

"What's the matter?" He asked looking down/up at you.

You held out your drawing for him to take, smiling slightly.

"It looks rushed I know but I wanted to make you something, so I hope you like it or whatever..." You laughed, twiddling your thumbs.

"Y/N, this is beautiful. Thank you, though someone like me doesn't deserve it, I'm truly grateful."

"You do deserve it, and I'm glad you like it."

He hugged you, then pulled away and planted a kiss on your cheek.

"Now, let's look for Byakuya."

"CALLED IT!" You heard Ibuki shout from behind you both, so you and Nagito both turned around to almost everyone watching you.

"This is so fucking embarrassing, oh my god." You thought to yourself, cringing a lot.

"How long have you been there-?" Nagito asked, a pained expression on his pale face.

"The whole time," Hajime sighed, a slightly annoyed tone in his voice.

"Okay, They've had their wonderful moment, so shouldn't we get back to finding Byakuya?" Sonia asked sweetly, smiling slightly,

"Yeah, everyone split into groups!" 

Everyone searched the building and the area around it, but there was no sign of Byakuya anywhere. You were starting to become nervous, and a huge pit of worry filled your stomach.

"Nagito, I'm really fucking worried. What if Byakuya's the first victim of the killing game?" You said to Nagito, feeling your cheeks burn and the pit in your stomach ache worse.

"Don't think like that, I'm sure he's somewhere, remain hopeful Y/N."

"Alright, I'll try and think more positively."

After searching a little more, you and Nagito decided to head back to the others, to see if they'd managed to find Byakuya.

"None of us found him, we have no clue where he could be," Hajime stated, a look of concern spread across his sweaty face.

Out of nowhere, Akane began sniffing. 

"I can smell something!" Akane said, sniffing even more to find the source of the smell.

"Well, it's probably just food."

"It's not food, it's coming from the table over there, smells a little like blood."

Everyone in the room when silent, no one moved for a while until Hajime began hesitantly walking toward the table, crouching down and shakily grabbing the end of the table cloth.

Suddenly, you became even more nervous than you were before, your palms sweating, your thumbs twiddling and your foot tapping slowly on the creaky floor.

Hajime slowly lifted up the tablecloth, each second feeling like an hour, the feeling of dread getting worse and worse.

Hajime fully lifted the cloth up, his face turning green at the horrifying sight inches away from him. Byakuya's dead body was lying face-down on the floor, a huge pool of blood surrounding him, staining his pure-white suit.

Screams and gasps escaped peoples mouths and it hit you, your feeling was right. 

Byakuya was dead.

You began nervously laughing under your breath, the pit in your stomach had deepened and you grabbed it, hurrying to the nearest trash-can, spewing your guts into it.

Lifting your head out of the bin, everyone looked terrified and disgusted as the loud body-discovery announcement rang throughout the room.

"Why? Fucking why?" You breathed under your breath, wiping puke from around your mouth and chuckling dryly.