part 8 | is this real

Your head throbbed as you stared at the wooden floor, trying to process what you had just witnessed.

"Are you alright?" Hajime asked, shifting your attention from the floor to him.

"What?" 

"Are you alright?" He repeated, mustering a small, worried smile.

You shook your head, not quite understanding what he was asking you, because why would you be alright? You'd just witnessed the discovery of your friends body, who'd been brutally murdered by someone presumably in that room.

"Come with me, okay? I'll grab you a glass of water and take you outside for some air, is that alright?" Hajime smiled, grabbing your hand and placing a small glass of water in it before proceeding to take you out of the room.

"Thanks, Hajime. Sorry if I've been a bit weird, it's just seeing his body, it's-it's fucking shocking, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it. One moment he was alive and now he's gone." Hajime said as he sat down on a step in front of the building, gesturing you to sit beside him.

You sat next to him and took a sip of water as you stared into the sky, watching as the fluffy clouds slowly moved. Turing towards Hajime, you saw that he was staring at you, admiring you.

"Haha, sorry." Hajime awkwardly said, turning away in embarrassment.

"It's fine." You chuckled slightly, taking another small sip of your water. You stood up, reaching a hand out for Hajime to take, which he did without hesitation.

"Sha'll we investigate?"

"Sure."

Hajime and you investigated to the best of your abilities, trying to get every detail and make sure you could solve this murder, the last thing you wanted was for Byakuya's murderer to get away with what they'd done.

A loud announcement burst through the speakers, it was time for the trial.