17| vampire

Once I knew you I never wanted to know anyone else.

- Leo Christopher

17| vampire

I pause and take a breath. I am tired.

“I am done!” I yell at Jason and scurry towards the small set up bar and sit at one of the stools. My legs scream in pain. It is such a hard task to dance in heels. I take my heels off and massage my ankle.

“Ooh,” I hiss in pain. Jason arrives by my side.

“What, out of breath already?”

“Well, I am not wearing comfy shoes, am I?” I complain.

Jason makes tsk tsk sounds, and we watch the people on the dance floor. Then Jason nudges me in the shoulder.

“What do you think of her?”

I spot a girl in a short red dress, her hair falling around her shoulders in a curly mess. Her honey colored skin is glossed over in the dance lights. Her movement is fluid. Her smoky eye shadow compliments her bright eyes.

“Hmm, nice,” I say.

Jason smirks. “Should I try?”

“Obviously, go for it,” I encourage Jason. “You will never know if you have a chance or not if you don’t try.”

Jason takes a breath that puffs his chest up. Then he looks at me. I give him two thumbs up. He strides towards her. I smile.

I stand up and croak in pain. Taking my heels in my hands, I decide to go around with bare feet. I know that is a very bad idea, but I’m done with these heels.

So, where will I find Mr. Mystery Man?

I think starting from his room might be a good idea. So, I head upstairs. When I reach there, the memory of a distant Saturday night washes over my brain.

I smile in nostalgia. Who knew I would meet a handsome mystery boy while puking? 

I try to open the door but it is locked. I walk around a little and find the room beside that one, which is locked, too.

“Oliver, are you in there?” I shout banging on his door. No replies come.

So, Oliver isn’t in his room tonight.

I go around searching for my fellow vampire buddy, but only God and Oliver know where he is. I search the whole first floor. Then I give up and go downstairs again.

The party has become louder. The DJ has gone mad. Someone is screaming a Drake song at the top of their lungs. I crash into a few people while making my way towards the pool.

There are many teens hanging around. Harry Potter is currently in the water making out with one of the Wonder Women. I see Woody dancing over a poolside bed.

This is complete and utter madness.

I roll my eyes while I continue searching for Oliver. There is no way he is anywhere near this. Oliver doesn’t do crowds and madness. Unless that madness is coming from me.

That thought makes me smile. 

I mean, he sure is annoyed by me and all. But he does enjoy my company. He is just too scared to admit it.

I sigh and sit down on one of the empty beds beside the pool. Woody greets me again.

“Wanna have a dance?” he asks me with his slurred voice.