35| woody

“ I just feel like spending your days thinking you're a speck in the universe is useless you might as well be thinking that you're an elephant or a goat. Instead spend your days trying to impact and affect this world for the better even if no one knows , but the reason you do it shouldn't be for recognition instead it should be because it is  the right thing to do.”

- Pillowrinkle2468

35| woody

“Winter formal may be two days away, but that doesn’t stop Ms. Terrington from giving us a physics assignment,” I whine as I sit down on our lunch table. “It has only been a week since school opened!”

Jason nods his head in agreement. Oliver glances at me.

“Now, I have two days to finish it,” I groan.

“I have a load of geography homework, ” Jason says. “I am just gonna pretend I don’t.”

I laugh, hearing his tone. I place my physics book and notebook on the table. I got it out of my locker before coming here. After lunch, I will go to the library and work there until my next class.

“Can I see your physics book for a second?” Oliver says.

I raise my eyebrows, “What for?”

“Just need to be sure about something,” Oliver says. He may need to see a formula or something like that.

“Okay, sure,” I say. He takes my book. “Don’t borrow it, though. I need it for my assignment.”

“I don’t—”

“A pencil, two pens, two erasers, a sharpener, and a notebook,” I list. “You were saying?”

Jason booms with laughter. “You should open a shop.”

I roll my eyes.

“You have taken something bigger,” Oliver informs.

“I have taken something from you?” I ask in surprise.

Oliver stares at me but he doesn’t reply.

“What is it?” I ask, genuinely concerned.

“You will know soon enough,” Oliver says, then opens my physics book.

Jason at that moment says, “Hey, Gwen. I was thinking of asking someone out. Wanna be my wing woman?”

I turn to him. “Oh, really? I thought you were gonna dress up like a princess and wander around in your winter wonderland.”

Jason makes a face.

I chuckle. “Yeah, sure.”

“Hm.” Jason scans the cafeteria with narrowed eyes. “What about her?”

I look at the girl he’s looking at. She has big green eyes and curly black hair. She looks pretty.

“I don’t think she will say ‘yes’ to you. Besides, do you even think she's single?”

Jason glares at me. “Why wouldn’t she yes?”

“Look in the mirror?” I say with a serious face. Then I chuckle. Jason grumbles.

“I am serious!” Jason says.

I hear shuffling. I look at Oliver, who places my book on top of my notebook.

“Done?” I ask.

“Yeah,” Oliver says and looks at Jason.

“You know what,” Jason says, “I will come to the dance alone and find my date on the dance floor, you will see.”