Chapter 1: The acquaintance

Live in present is what my elders used to say but then what if the present was tied to the past you tried everyday to forget?

The past that was tied to me.

I thought if fate was a thing in real they will meet again at a divine timing.

And they did meet.

Today on 31 St July, 2021

..............................................

A fall doesn't define you, it's the very basis of gravity.

What defines you is,

If you decide to get up and fight adversity or stay rooted blaming it on your destiny.

As in palmistry it is rightly said.

Our left hand is that destiny we are born with, while our right hand shows the destiny we make.

And she will make sure she makes a masterpiece from it.

- suzangill©
................................................

A girl walked down the halls of a skyscraper building.
Her eyes fixed on the floor, trying to ignore the feeling of being stared at.

Her unusual black hip length hair swaying with her hasty steps.
The files clutched tightly in her hands as she approached the reception.

She looked up to see the boy at the reception already staring at her.
Nervousness kicked in further but she tried to keep it down.

"Good morning ma'am ! How may I help you?"

His words were professional,but his body language said something else.
He was just like everyone else she thought.
Ignoring she cleared her throat.

"I am here for the interview. Can you please tell me where it is going on?"

The boy proceeded to say something but before he could chaos entered the sitting area.
Everyone's attention shifted towards the front door and she could see everyone running like crazy.

The boy in front of her had creases of worry on his forehead as he passed her an apologetic look.

"50 th floor ,first door to your right... please excuse me miss"

She didn't heard him quite well in the choas that surrounded.
Fifth or first door to your right....she thought.

"It's the fifth door?"
She asked following him but he was already busy collecting some files and giving some orders on the phone.

He nodded busy in his own world,not knowing that she had heard him wrong.
Nodding she left to take the elevator but not before looking back and wondering what the hell happened in just 5 minutes.

She waited for the elevator door to open,the people standing along with her busy talking in hushed tones.

She saw the two girls standing next to her and staring.
While saying something in each others ears.

Ignoring she sighed and looked at the numbers changing on the screen above.

As soon as the doors opened she proceeded to go inside.
The two girls followed and as soon as the doors closed they hurriedly pulled out lipsticks from their bags and started applying.

Pouting their lips and placing on blushes they were ready in a matter of few minutes.
But not before giving her a look and staring at her from top to bottom.

She didn't mind.
Instead leaning her head back against the elevator wall she took in deep breaths to bring down her nervousness.

The two girls vacated the lift first leaving her alone for a few seconds.
She wanted to scream to calm her insides but sadly this was not her home,this was a public place.