Chapter 23

I WAKE UP to a loud noise that stops right after I open my eyes. I'm not yet sure where I am. I lift my head up slightly only to see the dark room.

The familiar rain is still tapping on the window as I look around the room, still not understanding what made the sound that woke me up. My eyes start closing, begging me for sleep. I spot Jacob in front of the door.

"Sorry babe." He says and quietly walks towards the bed.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice entangled with sleep.

"You fell asleep, so I carried you to my dorm room." He smiles, his teeth white, and his eyes blue, leading the darkness away. He approaches closer, squatting down in front of the bed. He faces me and his eyebrows raise.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I whisper.

"I wasn't sure if it'd be okay for me to sleep in the same bed as you, so instead I went to get an extra mattress." He says through the thick dark air.

"it's okay, you can sleep here." I say, my voice low. As soon as the words leave my mouth a smile appears on his face and he jumps into the bed with me.

"Can I hug you?" his raspy voice asks and a shiver of electricity runs through me.

"yes." I smile. He wraps an arm around me and presses his stomach to my back. I feel so small in his arms.

"I couldn't find you anywhere at the party." I blurt out as we're trying to fall asleep. My mind is still clouded and being sleepy isn't helping.

"What?" he says, caught off guard.

"I couldn't find you," I repeat.

"I was waiting in that room upstairs, but you never showed up." He says confused, lifting himself up on one arm.

"How was I supposed to kn—"

"That son of a bitch." Jacob says and my eyes instantly go wide.

"isn't that a—" I stop myself.

"A fuck only zone?" He asks and I scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"Yeah"

"No, it used to be a while ago but Miles made sure all of that stopped. He didn't want anyone hooking up in random rooms of his house." Jacob explains, his voice raspy and still a little frustrated.

"You know, Madison, I think you got kind of lucky, cause now . . . I'll have to make it up to you, you know . . . everything I had planned." He says, his voice raspy. His fingers slowly travel to my stomach, touching the skin slightly. I feel electricity pulling me into him. His lips nibble at my neck and I let out a moan.

"Fuck, Madison." He breathes into my hair. I lie onto my back and Jacob is quick to hover over me, His leg is inbetween mine and his hand holds himself up while his right-hand travels up the side of my leg.

My eyes look into his and I can't help but pull him closer to me. His lips press against mine and I feel like I'm in heaven. Our tongues pull each other in, in the familir way I love so much.

His hand travels up, resting on my stomach. His muscles are apparent and clean of any tattoos. As I close my eyes a loud noise comes from his phone.

"you have to be kidding me." he sighs before standing up from the bed. I scan his every move but he doesn't pick up the call, instead, he turns off his phone and slowly walks back.

"We have a date with those two, Chrissy and Miles?" He asks. My eyes are wide, I must have forgotten. I didn't realize it was this soon.

"Yeah, we do," I say.

"Can we bail?" He asks, as he closes his eyes and lays his hand on me.

"No." I giggle.

"Okay, okay we're going." He huffs.