Chapter 48

"Are you sure it's okay if I stay here?" I ask one more time. I don't want to be a bother and the thought makes me cringe.

"Yes, my dad won't mind and I definitely don't mind a pretty girl like you staying here." He smiles before finding me sheets and a pillow. 

Staying at a motel seems to be my only option and frankly, it's the only thing I want to do. Going back into the mess I made makes my stomach turn.

"You okay?" he asks and the way his voice sounds at the words reminds me of Jace who I desperately miss.

"Yeah." I simply say. I look around the small room, the bathroom is right across from me, a small chair stands in front of a large bed.

"So this is my room?"

"Sure is." He says with a long gaze.

"I really enjoyed tonight." He says and I nod.

"Me too."

"I'll leave you to it then. Goodnight—"

"Do you mind staying just a little longer?" I ask. I don't want the thoughts getting to me and I know there's no way I'll fall asleep now.

"Of course." He says, more than willingly.

"Is something wrong?" his grey eyes look up at me but I shake my head.

"Maybe." I breathe out.

"I don't know what to do." I blurt out.

"What do you mean?" he asks, his eyes scanning my every facial feature.

"I don't know, forget it." I giggle.

"I'm always here if you want to talk about it." He smiles and I nod.

"Thank you, I don't know why I feel so giggly." I blurt out again.

"Sedatives." He says and my stomach twists and turns.

"W—what?" I ask, my heart dropping into my stomach. My throat feels dry and I feel like all of the air has been sucked out of my lungs.

"Yeah, I slipped some into the drink earlier, you were way too tense." He explains and I start to feel sick.

"What?" I repeat, hoping I'm dreaming.

"Don't worry I'm not going to do anything, I just thought we could get to know each other." He smiles but I feel sick to my stomach. 

His thick hand rests on my thigh and I can't muster enough strength to take it away from me.

"Don't be scared." He says, his grey eyes staring right into mine, they don't look so handsome anymore. He leans in closer

but I find myself leaning backward, everything about him repels every cell in my being.

"Get the fuck off her!" Miles yells at the top of his lungs, rushing into the room. I'm both grateful and scared. 

He storms into the room and picks Hayden up from the bed by his t-shirt before slamming him against the wall. He balls his other fist before slamming it as hard as he can into Hayden's face.

"If I ever catch you near her again, I will smash my foot against your skull," Miles says harshly, looking right into Hayden's eyes.

"Now get the fuck out of this room!" Miles yells and Hayden runs out, leaving only the two of us there.

"Miles?" My voice comes out as a squeak.

"What did he give you?" he runs to me before squatting down right in front of me.