Chapter 54

"Well, are you going to do it or not?" Hayden asks harshly. The silver rings on his fingers look intimidating and so do his scary eyes. I gulp before moving myself closer to Hayden who does the same.

"Grab her ass too!" Hayden's friend says and my heart starts to beat faster but yet Miles doesn't react. His eyes are still on that girl with red lips.

Hayden's thick hand rests over mine as he pulls up the sleeves of his t-shirt to reveal skull tattoos on his muscular arms.

"Take her to dinner then fuck her." He says before exaggeratingly licking his lips. I look at Miles one more time but he doesn't seem to care.

Hayden finally comes close enough and he closes his eyes with disgustingly perked lips. I close mine, I want to get this over with, just one quick kiss and then I can finally say I'm done playing and leave.

I lean in closer but when I feel like I'm trying to kiss the air I open my eyes only to see Miles grabbing Hayden by his collar and slamming him down on the ground. The group stays quest and the music feels like it has gotten inaudible. Everyone watches as Miles slams him onto the ground once more.

"What did I tell you about leaving her alone?" Miles asks with a smirk before grabbing the collar of his shirt and slamming his head as hard as he can onto the ground. I cover my mouth in horror as I watch blood appearing on the floor.

"He'll get a fucking concussion, Miles what the fuck are you doing?!" Someone screams but I can barely keep up with what is happening.

I look around but I feel like everything has suddenly gone into slow motion, drinks are being spilled all around us, people are laughing, masks stare at me from every corner and the music feels heavy but yet I can't hear it.

I can't hear any of the screams and I barely notice the crowd that has now gathered to watch Miles punch Hayden in the stomach while Hayden balls his fists and throws them at Mile's face.

"Call the cops!" I hear Hayden's friend say to one of the people watching. The boy nods and quickly puts his phone to his ear.

"We have to get out of here," Miles says, approaching me. He grabs my hand and we run out of the house. My feet feel light and I almost can't feel myself running, the memories of Hayden took a toll on me, and now that I had to almost kiss him, my body couldn't take it. I feel like I did when he drugged me except this time all I needed was the memory and not the pill.

"I'll drive you home." He says as we sit down in his comfortable Lamborghini. I nod, I feel safe here—I feel safe with him. The street lights are the only thing that shine on the dark and dull road. He stops at the red light that shines so brightly in the darkness. I look at him, there are too many questions I want to ask.

Why did he break up with Chrissy? Why did he dare me to kiss him? Endless questions run around in my head and I know that I can't ask any of them because just like in class today, he left without answering anything. His bruised and bloody fists grip the steering wheel harshly and as soon as the green light comes on he speeds through it faster than ever before.

"Should you be driving drunk?" I ask.

"I'm not drunk, I'm barely tipsy." He says and I nod, unsure of how I feel about this. His eyes are focused on the road and despite his quick speed, he manages the turns smoothly. I look down at my hands before realizing that Chrissy must be looking everywhere for me.

"Chrissy is still there, we came together," I say but he ignores me.

"Why did you play . . . you know, truth or dare?" I ask but his eyes are still on the road.