Chapter 64

Hi guys!! I just wanted to remind all of you that I'll be trying my very best to post every day, starting next week!! so you'll be getting even more of The perfect storm!! Follow me for updates and special announcements, I don't want you guys to miss anything <3 And as always, let me know what you guys think I love seeing all of your thoughts! Happy reading!

Miles's POV

"Was your stay pleasant?" A tall and skinny blonde asks me after I hand her my credit card. Why are all blondes so fucking obnoxious? 

I sigh and don't say anything but instead of taking it as a hint she talks again, "I really like those tattoos."

"Me too." I smile sarcastically before grabbing the credit card quickly out of her hand and turning on my heel. For a five star hotel, this place sure as hell doesn't know who to leave at the front desk.

"Ohio, here we fucking come." I sigh before getting into my car and speeding up onto the main road. I tightly hold onto Madison's necklace. 

The only thing I'm holding onto is the small sliver of hope that she's there—that she's somewhere in Ohio. I passed the 'welcome to Ohio' sign a few minutes ago and as I finally turn into the 'Charm' of this fucking town I realize that no one here knows what a car is. None of the roads ahead are made for cars.

"Hello there Sunny." And the old man says as I slam the car door shut.

"Any way to pass through this dump?"

"Oh, no we don't cuss here, and with a car like yours, you can forget jack shit." I nod at the man slowly before looking at the humongous and hideous truck.

"How much?" I ask harshly.

"For the truck? Oh, I wouldn't sell that to you, boy." I chuckle before approaching him closer.

"Listen . . ." I look around before my eyes meet his hideous face.

"I, uh, I need to get somewhere, okay? So you're going to do me this favor, what do you need? Money? My watch?" I ask,

looking down at my black watch, the one he's been gawking at ever since I stepped out of the damn car. Stopping in the middle of nowhere for the truck seemed like a good idea but this man is beyond stubborn.

"That beauty." He says pointing at something behind me. I turn around in hope of seeing Madison, but instead, my Lamborghini stands there, waiting for me to bring her back in it.

"Fine." I bite my tongue, knowing that it's worth more than his house and old pickup truck put together. He hands me the keys and his eyes almost light up and mine go wide before they roll and I walk up to the damn pickup truck.

"Yo!" I shout at him before throwing the car keys at him.

"Motherfucker." I whisper after opening the creaky door to the damn truck. It's filled with food wrappers, bottles, and of course, what every desperate trucker who clearly can't get some needs; playboy. 

I quickly clear as much of his shit as I can before jumping in and starting the damn thing.

Madison's POV

"Do you remember this place?" Jace asks and I nod with tears threatening to spill. Everything has been so chaotic and now this from Jace makes me want to break down into tears.

"You made this place so beautiful," I say in an almost whisper.

"I knew you'd be visiting soon so I wanted to surprise you." He says as I look at the swing his dad hung up when we were children except now, it looks completely new and Jace even wrapped flowers in between the net. 

We both sit down and swing lightly with the field beneath our feet. As I look down I feel my shoes slipping off me slowly and before I can stop them from falling, they plummet into the tall grass.

"Fu—" I stop myself and cover my mouth. Jace looks at me, his eyes just as wide as mine.

"Oh my god, I'm—" I stop after hearing Jace laugh.

"Wow, did not expect that," Jace says and I nod.

"I'm sorry."

"College must be getting to you."

"In more ways than you'd think," I answer, thinking of Miles.

"What do you mean?" He asks but I shake my head.

"Forget it." I smile.

"Do you remember after my . . . after my dad left?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, I remember your mom bringing you over to our house a few days afterward, she needed some time for herself and I remember being so sad to see you that way."

"It was hard to tell."

"Oh really?" he almost smirks.

"Yeah, you barely showed any emotion." I giggle.

"Oh, so crying is feeling sad?" He asks and I nod with a few more giggles.

"I'll show you sad." He says before poking my stomach, making me tickle too hard to sit still, and before I know it I lie back onto the swing, trying to get away from his hands but he sways over me. I look into his gray-blue eyes in a way I haven't seen before.

"Oh, Jace, I wish everything was so simple. I wish my dad hadn't left and I wish we could still play dress up like we did that day when I pretended to be your wife and you pretended to be my husband. A life like that would be so easy . . . but life just isn't that simple." I say as I look into his perfect eyes. His lips part and his brows raise slightly.

"It can be . . . Madison, I—" he stops, his eyes no longer on mine, instead they're on something in the distance behind me. 

My heart sinks at the possibility, and I don't want to look behind me, but yet before my brain can control my body, I'm turning around to see that haunting boy looking right at me, in those same dark closes and those same features my mind can't forget.