Chapter 8: Wedding Photoshoot

Kao POV

After so many weeks that no one ever messaged us to our page on Facebook, a wedding pictorial had been on the top of a hotel with a nice view of the Ravika City, and the expanding ocean. 

P'Tum was our first costumer in Ravika. Thanks to Pete that he'd inform P'Tum when he eavesdrop that he had trouble finding a photographer.

"You're used to this, I assume?" said P'tum. 

Her fiance was on the corner, drinking water while we were having our ten minutes break. "As the King's champion, yes."

"A lot of assassins don't do this kind of thing." P'Tum smiled softly. 

"Ash was a horrible person but he supports whatever gimmicks I want to do." I said. 

"I hope your photography here in Ravika would be famous. You have nice shots." said P'Tum, patting my shoulder.

"Thank you P'"

I watched Pete re-organized the set up of the camera which I earned a smile from P'Tum. "Pete  had been different from who he was. I think that's because of you."

I masked a fluster. Somewhere deep inside me began to glow.  "Pete's head is always on fire, metaphorically. After all, he spends two hours of push ups and sit ups before sleeping, challenging and arguing about aliens with P'Bright. Maybe he wants to impress someone."

P'Tum looked past me but I completely ignore it and continue my talk. "Maybe he's got a colony working for him in his mind—"

A fist hit my head. I stumbled on my feet, the hit wasn't that hard. "....I didn't know you are there, Pete."

"How could you talk to our Professor like that, why ask for a fancy date?" Pete said, turning his back to us. 

"Are you jealous of the idea of me dating someone?" I teased. 

"I'm not!" Pete hissed. He glanced at P'Tum, who frantically tapped the rails. "I will not allow it."

"What do you mean?" I asked, brows lifted high. 

He snarled, grabbed the hem of my shirt, shouting. "You think you can talk to P'tum like you could do unthinkable things to me?"

"Nothing like what you imagined is happening."

"Huh?"

"You're counting to 1,000 every night and it's unavoidable to hear." I was grinning in delight. "Well, I knew you would misunderstood. But I thought it was funny that you're all sweating and shirtless and had a funny face, so I didn't want to disturb you."

Pete dropped his hands and stuck it on his forehead, letting out a hilarious scream of frustration.

"That's Pete Reckondale." I said to P'Tum.  "He has some hot stuff on me."

"H-h-hey, Kao!" Pete stammered.  "Don't make any assumptions!"

****

Once the prenup was done. Pete and I  spent our remaining hours in the mall, buying clothes, books and foods. 

Pete dutifully carried every bag and boxes, save for the chocolate I was eating. When I offered one to him. He claimed he didn't want to eat sweets. 

By sunset we rode a taxi. Pete was complaining, how heavy the bags were. "Kao, I've carried all these boxes! Can you at least grab one?" He shouted from behind. 

"Okaay." I shot him a teasing smile. Taking two boxes from him, I went inside the house.

"Pete, Kao! You've just arrived?" Mrs. Khaoron said from the kitchen. She woved her way to the living room.

"Yeah." I politely said.

"You two need to rest, I'll call you later when dinner is ready." She said. We headed for our rooms upstairs. I poked Pete on his back, e chase me off to my room and shut the door.

Not a bad day. I realized as I slumped on his back on my bed. 

Kong POV

Was it the right choice? I've had been pacing back and forth in the library, Pete was leaning against the shelf until he notice me.

"Firebreather, the hell is wrong with you?" Pete asked, closing the book.

"Did you find any interesting topic?"

"Hell, I didn't. There are Dark hunters stories but..." He shrugged. "Pissed me off"

"That's understandable" I said.

"you seemed off lately?" Pete frowned as he insert back the book on the shelf. "What's going on?"

"It's P'Arthit"

"Aaaaw, Did Mr. Arthit break your heart?"

"Shut up, Pete"

"The guy's got a heart of stone and face of attitude. We—demon slayers couldn't afford a heartbreak." Pete huffed.

"I've told him that I should go to the dark dimension, and he didn't want me to" I sighed. We turned and got to the other of the shelf.

"Hellgod Slayer duty" Pete said, fishing another book on the 3rd section.

"We didn't talk since last night. Can you come with me later at the Marvel Corp?"

"Nope. Thats not how you're going to solve your problem" Pete unlocked the leather bound book. History of Starkthorn family. Starkthorn families were one of the most influential and powerful families in the magic council. That's what I know.

The papers were very old and rumpledz tainted with gold brown spots. The text was still readable.

"Then how?" I paused. "Whatever it is you're thinking. It might be a bad idea"

He gave me a grim smile. "Damn right" Then, Pete shifted his eyes to the glass wall. Non held the door for Kao to step out first like a gentlmen. They were smiling to each other that even I would mistake them as a couple. He faced me again. "I don't seriously have any idea what is going on in this fucking school" He said bitterly.

"Aaaw, did Mr. Kao break your heart?" I said my comeback.

Pete glared and I laughed. "Shut up, Kong"