Chapter 16: Circle of suspects

Bright POV

The night seemed to be endless in the chambers, I've been awake since 12am, and it was already 3 in the morning. I shifted over the side of my bed, staring at the floor to ceiling window. The chambers was decorated with flamboyant white walls, and furnitures no one could even afford. 

How generous of King Taeko to have extra fancy suits in the dresser. I believed it belong to Two. I get a little worried of him now, not knowing what the King did to him or did he ever went back here after he figured out that I was his long lost brother?

Ravika City was like New York, the lights never seemed to sleep. I thought about Third. Why, why did I have to talk to Lisa? Stupid, Khai. Prince Khai. The bitterness and agony of me--being the crowned Prince tangled in my throat. I sat up and drink the water on my nightstand. 

However, she had no intentions to get back to me. She was trying to save my life. She said that I would go to Faerie, find someone named, Vlad. But it was too a little too late. Once my friends were held captive, I'm going to die with them.

At least, I'm with my best friends. They're like my family now.  

Prompting my arms over the balcony's concrete column. I spotted several guardians posted in the garden, If I could escape but...my wrist had bundled of anti-magic cuffs. I couldn't use my magic. 

I was about to leave the balcony when Matthew Disaro peered over the bridge at the pond. I ducked and peeked through the  column. He closed his eyes, raised his head to the sky. Then the pond swirled into a whirlpool. I could sense darker magic emenating from this guy. The portal had dark energy. A few seconds later, he seemed to be muttering words I couldn't hear. 

I frowned. This is bad. Someone was behind all of this, a big bad. When he was finished, I crept back into the room, contemplating what just happened. As long as I am alive, I would find out what Matthew is planning. 

Arthit POV

Knot and I swept past buildings after buildings, the morning street half full of people.

I immediately headed to Mr. Marvel's office. He was seated, looking he hadn't been sleeping, with dark circles under his eyes. P'Earth was there too, she nodded and walked towards the door. 

"Good morning P'Earth."

"Arthit! Good morning" She said, a little surprised. "Why are you so early?"

"It has been a stressful week, P'"

"In school?" 

"Yeah."

"Well, you don't have to get stressed out here." She smiled. "Let me know if you need something."

We shared a small moment of bizarre silence and she turned to the left in the hall. Knot broke it after a few seconds. "Damn, is she your friend?" 

"A colleague." I said. "Why?"

"She's beautiful."

I messaged my eyebrows. "You have too many girls, Knot. This woman is a profressional."

"Should I come with you?" asked Knot.

"No need. Just stay here. It'll be quick."

I didn't bother to knock on the door. Mr. Marvel looked up at me as I entered. 

"Can I speak with you, sir?"

"Arthit." He straightened, looking startled. "What is it?"

"We need your help."