Chapter 11

Suddenly, she was still. The heart monitor went flat but a couple of nurses rushed in with a defibrillator while Doctor Monkel held something against the bleed.They removed her gown and placed the pads on her chest. Doctor Monkel moved away for a second and she moved violently for a second, then turned still. He held something against the bleed again and one of the nurses done some chest compressions. They both moved away and zapped her again. Finally, the monitor showed heart rhythm and Doctor Monkel took his hands away. But just as I thought it was over, they rushed her to theatre. I was left alone in the room so I decided to visit Chloe again. I had visited her as soon as I could but the sight of her lying still, in danger of death was so heartbreaking to me. I knew I had to see her, so I put aside my feeling about and went to see her. When I got there, Chloe's mum was already there. Hi I said and she said hello back. How's she doing I asked? She's stable now but she's in a coma. The doctors hoped she would have woken up by now but they said if she doesn't wake up in a week or two, they would give her a drug to help wake her up. Oh is all I could say. She lay there, fighting for her life and this person walks away scotfree. It wasn't fair, she was 13, she had already been through so much. I wanted to punch and scream but I knew I wouldn't help so I wheeled over to Chloe and tried to sleep but I could only think that she shouldn't be in here and neither should Chrystal. Small tears fell from eyes, dripping onto her soft hand and some part of me wanted that to wake her up but I knew it wouldn't. I eventually got to sleep by her side, tears still falling...