Chapter 19

.................................................

"YOU DID WHAT!?!?!?!?", Todoroki screamed at me, obviously very surprised. Out of all the things I could have said, "Who wants to marry him?" was not on his list.

I tried to calm him down but I think his blood pressure shot through the roof.

"What do you mean? How can you just ask that? Marriage is such a big event. Why out of the blue? Why did that come in your head? I didn't wanna marry those girls. That's the last thing I wanna do. Are you crazy? Do you need someone?"

More like you need someone, I thought to myself.

He kept on ranting, "Why did u have to do that? I'm not looking for marriage. I'm barely sixteen and marriage at this age!! I don't even know those girls, and you expect that! I hate them and I....." 

He suddenly went quiet..... "I love you", he said softly.

I could feel a tint of pink creeping up to my cheeks. I turned to him and asked, "What was the last part?" He quickly responded "nothing"

Jeez.. at this point I had to accept my feelings for him because if I'm daydreaming about him confessing to me, then I must really like him.

We were walking through the forest thinking our problems were over but then we got attacked by a nomu. Since by now we had gotten our quirks back it would be easier to fight right? WRONG!! No matter what I did he wouldn't get hypnotised and neither of Todoroki's powers was working. I was already kinda tired from the training in the morning and the hand to hand combat with the girls I didn't have much strength.

Todoroki was using both his powers simultaneously so he was also tired. At last, Todoroki took my hand and just decided to run. Dumb move, since we didn't think of the nearby cliff and forgot that nomus were fast. But it caught up to us in an instant. I was looking back every few seconds just to see it coming closer and closer until Todoroki tripped.

He pulled me with him and we both went rolling down the cliff. Of course, the nomu didn't follow us down. I closed my eyes and held onto Todoroki for dear life. At last, we land on some bushes that cushion the fall. I opened my eyes to see Todoroki on top of me with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes to see me and he started blushing furiously. 

"Sorry", he muttered and tried to get up but I pulled him down

"Sorry", he muttered and tried to get up but I pulled him down. "Can we stay like this for some time?" I asked.

He could sense that I hadn't recovered from the adrenaline pumping in my veins and that I need to be comforted so he agreed.

"Thanks," I said.

"It's okay", he replied nuzzling his face into my neck. He used his quirk to warm me up a little bit. Tonight was a long night but I was glad Todoroki was with me.

 After I was feeling a bit better he asked me about the gas.

"Oh, I found it when we were drawing lots and saw it on the ground and a part of me decided to pick it up. I guess that part of me technically saved us.", I said with a smile playing on my lips. 

"Oh that reminds me, one of the villain's targets is Bakugou. We were informed that through Mandalay's telepath.", he said. 

I didn't hear anything. Guess I was pretty far for her quirk to work. I mean she can only use it for a certain radius. We kept on walking while I put my hand on my neck where Todoroki had nuzzled his face into. It felt warm and before I knew it I was blushing a pretty pink on my cheeks.