Episode 5 - Chapter 3: Butterfly

The sound of the road and the burning cars around me became silent as Sean Diaz... the love of my life held my hands.

Daniel, Esteban, Karen, and Mushroom stopped in their tracks as Sean held me closer to him.

"Please, don't leave..." Sean said, tightening his grip on my fingers. His eyes locked on me. "I know... you have a choice (Y/n) (L/n) just as the choices we made together. Please... I beg you. Don't go."

Tears bursted from my eyes as the world slowly consumes me. "I can't... Sean. I have my parents, my brothers. Waiting for me in the otherside. My family. I'm not sure how long I've been gone but I know they're worried for me."

"You're my family too. We are also your family... Daniel, Dad, Mom, Mushroom...Me. I could only offer you what i can. I promise you... I shall love you forever. We will build a new life together in Puerto Lobos... with you. You don't have to go."

The dusts trickled my skin. The wind howled its plea.

I can see Daniel picking up Mushroom, watching from behind. Karen and Esteban holding each other's waist. Karen's tears twinkled from the sun's rays.

It was too hard for me to leave... The people who had accepted since the beginning didn't change how they looked at me... instead... it grew to something they call love. I am loved.

To see this world unfold around me... I had already realized a long time... They are not just characters inside a game... this is their world... and they are alive. They are people who can speak what's in their minds... and soon... the scripted dialogues set by the game will be lifted.

"Sean..." I called out. "You know I'm not from your world... I just want you guys to have the happy ending you deserve... I admit, these few months we shared. I was happy to be with all of you... I was happy to be with you. I could never ask for a perfect man like you."

"I'm not perfect..." Sean said, visibly shaking as his tears fell from his cheeks.

I can't believe what I'm feeling. I've fallen deep down for him. My heart's pounding every second. Its the first time I've felt this. I can feel my heart breaking as every second of every moment lingered in this frozen state. It was as if the world around us refuse from going any further as our paths converged one final time.

"Yes... you are. For me..." I said, trying to smile as tears continued to roll down my face. "Sean I will never forget you. You and Daniel. You made me feel what I've long lost. I experienced to feel what actual joy was, I remember what sadness truly was... I remember what anger truly means... I also understand that love for family is the greatest thing in the world... Its unconditional. They will always be there to support you... They will always be there if you need help... They will always be there to lift you up when you're feeling down... Those are the things I forgot before playing your story... 

To see you that broken and destroyed after 15 years in prison... let me understand that time is a precious thing... Nobody should experienced what you guys had. That was hell." I jokingly chuckled. "I had to remake your timeline under my conditions... I had to remake it to fully realize that we all deserve second chances in life..." I explained as my heart began to pound fast... I can feel the destroyed walls calling as if time itself was ripped behind me.

Sean wiped the tears from his face, still not letting go as my hands swayed with his. "You were always there for us... You saved us from that terrible future... So let me do this for you, (y/n)... We will make a better future for you here... We will make your happiness. We will do everything what it takes. I will do everything... to give you a better life."

I smiled behind my tears from what he just said. How is it... so unfair that Sean doesn't live in the real world... If I can only take all of them in the real world, I've already done it... To leave this unfair world of theirs... It was so unfair! They didn't deserve what happened to them. "Sean... have you thought about why I appear on certain places? The intersection by the woods, those snowmen, Karen's ship in a bottle, the stump at the camp..."