Episode 5 - Chapter 2: Eagle

Early in the morning, we had our breakfast outside of the trailer where Karen and Esteban prepared the meal together.

"Are you guys ready to leave?" Karen asked his sons who was busy eating.

"Yeah... I'll miss it here. Why can't they just leave us alone?" Daniel said.

"Oh honey..." Karen replied placing her hand on the back of Daniel's head and presses her head against his. "I'm sure Puerto Lobos will be fine. No more running. We'll create a new paradise there."

"Over looking at the beach, Mijo." Esteban interjected. "We could make sandcastles everyday!"

"Really?! That sounds so cool!"

"Right?" Karen said with glee. "We'll have you back in school, make some friends. We'll eat dinner by the beach."

"But... I don't know Spanish."

"Dad and I will teach you! You'll be fluent in no time!" Sean said, cheering up his brother.

"Okay, last round up guys." Esteban said. 

"I'll say goodbye to Joan." Daniel said, finishing his breakfast and ran towards the garden of sculptures they did together.

"I'll go get the radio from David." Sean said.

"How did you- ah... right. You did this before." Karen said, realizing Sean already knew what she'll say.

"I'll go do a final check-up with the RV." Esteban said, picking the plates up.

Karen and I sat together, looking at Away. 

I was silent for a moment as I watch the windmill turn... 

Karen then touched my hand. "I'm sure we will make it. You don't have to worry about that."

"Oh... yeah. I just hope you guys are safe in Puerto Lobos."

"We will... even if not, we can always move anywhere we want. You don't have to worry about us."

I smiled and nodded. "I know I've said it a thousand times... but I will miss you guys. You've been so kind to me... welcoming to your arms. You're like a family to me."

Karen paused for a moment, there was a flick of sincerity in her eyes when she finally spoke. "You know... if something happens, if ever... you can't go back to your world and be with your family... We will be here for you... I know Sean and Daniel will love it that you're here to stay... especially Sean. I know you've been so close together... it'll be too painful for him when we finally cross that border."

"I know, Karen... Thank you... This is my last chance to go back to my world... Deep in my heart, I don't want to leave but... I still have my own life in the other side... My family..."

"I know, (y/n)... Whatever you choose... I support you."

"Thank you, Karen."

Soon Esteban finished his final checks. Sean and Daniel said their goodbye to their friends in Away. We then got inside the RV as Esteban started the vehicle, revving it up to life. 

"Bye! We will miss you!" Daniel said carrying Mushroom as the RV began to move. 

I can't help to tear up once again as the people here became my friends and family for 5 long months that we've been here together.

"Write to us, darlings!" Stanley said waving to us.

"We will!" Karen said waving back.

As we bid our final goodbyes to the people of Away. The radio with Sean began to rumble and police scanners were then heard.