Episode 4 - Chapter 2: Truth

7:00 AM, February 28, 2017. Game World Timeline

Morning came as I found Sean driving the truck van as Esteban slept beside me. 

"Good Morning (Y/n). Had a nice sleep?" Daniel said as I raised my head from his shoulders. 

I yawned and stretched my arms greeting him back. "I did. Thank you. You must've been tired from not moving?"

Daniel chuckled. "Nah."

"Hey, good morning, sleepy head." Sean said smiling as he watched the road. It was empty, only filled with sand, grass, and dusts in the air. 

I remembered this desert. Its where Sean walked for miles under the heat of the same sun. Walking through this dry desert just to reach Haven Point and get his brother back. I then nudged Daniel who was busy playing with Mushroom on his lap. "Did you know, your brother walked miles in this desert just to reach you?"

"Oh... No... I didn't. Really, Sean?' Daniel turned to his brother.

Sean nodded. "I thought I'll die of dehydration. Lucky there's this kind man who let me hitch on a ride with his truck. But still, I think I got sunburnt that day."

"Hey, don't exaggerate." I called out. "If you didn't chose to climb that truck, you get sunburnt and exhausted and maybe in the verge of dying."

"You were with Sean?" Daniel curiously asked.

Right... Daniel doesn't know they're in a game. I should be careful with my words, unlike Sean who handled it perfectly... I hope.

"What I mean is... Sean chose right while I was watching him that day."

"Then you watched me in Haven Point too?" Daniel asked as his face began to crumple.

"No... I did not. You were gone the next morning when you... rage quit at the weed farm. So I have no choice to look out for your brother that day."

"I see...  I thought you watched me how Lisbeth lied everything to me..." Daniel paused for a moment before speaking what's in his mind. He then looked, and locked eyes with me. "Are we... Am I gonna stay with Lisbeth again?"

I shook my head. "Absolutely not. We'll just get Sarah Lee and her medical records and leave Saint Haven that instant."

"Am I going to kill... Lisbeth? You told that to us when we first met."

I wondered and looked at the road in front of us. I don't know what's happening in their minds, I can't gauge what their feeling... unlike when I was playing Sean and the wolves running at the bottom right, indicating which wolf affected my choices. I then decided to tell Daniel the sure fire way to cross that border. "Daniel... the truth is, I don't know anymore... but I know for the fact, if Sean or you decided to kill Lisbeth... It's a surefire to cross that border... but then, it's not my choice anymore. But whatever happens, I'll support you guys... Until you reach that border."

Daniel nodded, understanding everything even though he's just a child. "Thank you for telling the truth (y/n). Everybody tries to lie to me, because I'm a child... Though Sean already promised me to tell the truth always... so that's a good thing. And Lisbeth? She's the biggest liar I've ever seen."

"Hey, don't worry about it." I said, embracing Daniel and felt his head on my chest. "I won't let her touch you again."

Sean smiled at me, assuring me that I'm doing great comforting Daniel. 

I will do everything to give this boys the happy ending they deserve and that evil incarnate Lisbeth will not stop me.

Soon the familiar church stuck my sight. My chest began to hurt as I reminisced how Sean was defeated from getting his brother back that day. Sean stopped the truck and pounded at the back. "Jake, we're here!"