Episode 5 - Chapter 1: Wolves

Esteban watched from afar how Sean and Daniel misses their mother.

Standing in front of the truck van, I was speechless. I stared, blank at what was happening in front of me. I wasn't feeling anything... What's wrong with me...

I felt a drop of tear from my cheek, I wiped it from my hand, staring at it. What is happening to me. I don't feel pain, I don't feel sadness. I don't know what was happening to me.

Sean and Daniel finally let go, looking at their mom with such happiness. Yet, my heart was void of any emotion.

"Guys... we have to go." I stated.

Sean and Daniel nodded and thanked Jacob for the surprise.

Soon we had to say goodbye to Jacob and Sarah Lee as they went to a different path.

I sat still beside Esteban inside the truck van while Sean and Daniel, together with Karen. Its been an hour since we followed the car and Esteban began to notice my silence.

"Hey... are you alright?"

Still, staring at the oblvion... I whispered. "I don't feel anything."

"Hmm?"

I turned to face him. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't feel anything." I repeated.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to stop?"

I shook my head. "Maybe... I'm just tired." I said, staring at the emptiness of the road. "How about you, Mister Diaz? You just greeted each other and let Sean and Daniel go with her."

"Sean and Daniel deserves to see their mom again... It's been so long... I don't know if we can still be together."

I don't know what to say. I was blank, just like the emotion I was feeling.

Again, the silence lingered in the air. As I watch the car in front of me, tears began to fall from my eyes.

Esteban took a quick look at me and got worried. "Hey, I'll signal Karen. Hang on."

"No... please. I beg of you. Don't stop... just follow them." I said as my tears continued to fall. I began to sob. I don't know what is happening to me. My chest began to hurt like daggers are tearing me apart.

Is this what they call a breakdown?

"I'm sorry... don't worry about me. Keep going. Please. Please."

"Alright, alright." Esteban said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Just release it. It'll pass."

"I don't know what is happening to me... I'm sorry." I said, wiping the tears from my eyes as I tried to calm myself down.

"Let's talk okay? Keep the mind away." Esteban said with a worried tone in his voice. "Tell me about your parents, what do they do?"

I tried to gather every information and relayed back to him.

"Is that so? How about your brothers?"

I relayed once again.

"Do you miss them?" Esteban asked.

It was then I realized what was happening to me.

"I think... I do... Maybe that's what it is? Do you think I miss them?"

"Yeah, I think you do. Maybe Karen made you remember there's still people waiting for you on the other side."

"Right..." I mumbled as I began to calm down. "I miss them... so much... so so much." I repeated.