Episode 3 - Chapter 3: Shards

I stood up immediately with a worried look on my face. Startled, Daniel and Esteban looked at us wondering what was wrong.

"Hey, hun. Its too early for you to sleep. Come on we made this party for you guys." Cassidy tried to stop me from leaving.

I then pulled Sean away from the group. "Jacob and Finn are going to steal from Merrill!"

"We don't know that yet." Sean defended.

"Check the tents, I'll go check the lake." I directed.

Sean nodded.

"Cassidy, do you have a flashlight I can borrow." I said going to the campfire.

"Sure, hun." Cassidy carried her guitar as she rummaged through her things by her tent. "Here you go. What's wrong by the way? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"We think, Jacob and Finn are going to steal from Merrill."

"What?! Jacob wouldn't do something that stupid! I can't vouch for Finn, sometimes he gets some crazy ideas."

"We'll talk later. I just need to check up on the lake. I hope I'm wrong."

I then ran towards the path, lit up by the flash light.

The moon's light is up to its apex, shining the lake like from before.

What the hell am I doing? We were just here! Finn and Jacob really went to the heist.

"Fuck!" I ran back to the campsite finding, Sean, Daniel, and Esteban locking eyes on me.

"Sean we have to go." I said clasping the flashlight Cassidy gave me. "Its stupid. They're not in the lake or the field. We've just been there!"

Sean and Daniel readied themselves when Esteban stopped us.

"I'll join you guys."

"Uncle Ban, you really shouldn't." Daniel called out to his father as Hannah, Penny, and Cassidy was around us.

"I can't let you guys go on by yourselves. Big Joe and Merrill has a gun. This is dangerous."

"Sir, I don't want to be rude but I think Sean and Daniel can handle themselves." I said as I was worried about Esteban.

"Are you kidding me? Daniel is just a kid!"

I knew for the fact that those words hit Daniel the most.

"I'm not a kid anymore!" Daniel angrily said.

"Daniel Felipe Diaz!" Esteban called out to his son.

"Dad!" Sean called out as he looked at the people around us. "We have you now. I can't let you come with us. We'll be back safe. I promise."

"Wait, Uncle B is your dad?" Penny was surprised at the revelation. "Why keep this from us?"

"Penny..." I called out. "I think its not the time to talk about this. Jacob and Finn are gonna hurt themselves!"

Esteban interjected. "What am I supposed to do? Wait while you try to rescue those morons?"

"Dad, please. I can't let you come with us." Daniel confronted. "I don't... want to lose you again... We've been running enough. Sean and I... Everyday we thought of you. Do you know how much pain I felt, knowing because of me, you died? Knowing that if I didn't leave the house... you are still with us and none of this could've happen. Dad... We love you. I can't let anything happen to you again. You and Mushroom."

Esteban stood on his ground as Daniel's eyes started to tear up. It must've so intense for a child like Daniel to release something like this.

"Daniel... I..." Esteban hugged his son and kissed him on the forehead. "Mijo... I'm just worried for the both of you."