The Burning Remnant

Ruby(Resurrection AU) POV
Location: Beacon(I Awaken AU)

As we emerged through the portal once again we were met with a destroyed Beacon. Fire and brimstone ignited the streets, ashes of dead citizens flowed through the wind. The cries of whatever monsters inhabited this place echoed throughout the area. God Y/N... what have you become?

Ruby(Resurrection AU): What should I be expecting here?

Cloaked figure(???): Specify...

Ruby(Resurrection AU): The monsters, how do they behave and how will they attack us? Is there another deity here? Is there going to be some kind of twist to fighting the warlord?

Cloaked figure(???): I can not answer all of those, remember the laws of fate prohibit me from just giving you all the answers.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Well then tell me what to expect...

Cloaked figure(???): This is the dimension where our numbers will thin greatly. Your resistance team will be shrunken heavily after this fight, and you can't stop that from happening. My advice is focus on the warlord, despite the suffering you'll hear and the dying breathes of your allies around you, the warlord is the first and primary target.

I froze a little hearing this. I know everything will reset in the end and I'll be able to save everyone we've lost or will lose, but I feel so powerless being unable to save most of these people. I'm bad at goodbyes...

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): ROSE!

I look atop of the tower in front of us. There stood the last warlord, beside him was another deity along with his army. He jumped down from the tower, creating a crater around him, causing ash and flaming asphalt to fly up around him. He summoned his flaming axe and pointed to me.

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): YOU ARE ON MY DOMAIN, YOU WILL PLAY BY MY RULES!

He slammed his axe into the ground and created a
flaming box around me and him. One on one huh... just my goddamn luck...

Y/N The Archangel(Killers Remorse AU): HOLD ON RUBY! I'LL FIND A WAY TO GET YOU OUT OF THERE!

Cloaked figure(???): Remember, the warlord can only be slain by The Godslayer. Wear him down, aim for openings in his body to cripple him.

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): FLAME WALKERS, FOLLOW THE GOLIATHS DEITY INTO BATTLE, LEAVE NO ONE ALIVE IN YOUR PATH OF GENOCIDE! ROSE IS MINE! KILL. THEM. ALL!

His army roared and began scaling down the tower like spiders, their limbs contorting in inhuman ways, molten lava dripping out of the cracks and tears in their bodies. The sight made me want to throw up. So much of what we've seen is disturbing, but this was starting to push it. God the smell of rotten burning flesh...

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): You know who he is don't you?

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Who, the angel?

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): The hooded figure...

Ruby(Resurrection AU): *Unsheathes The Godslayer* I wouldn't tell you who he is even if I knew.

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): I already know who he is dumbass, it appears you clearly don't. Unfortunately my master is too ignorant to take interest in knowing who he is either. He thinks that getting more power will ensure his victory against him. What a fool...

How does he know... did the Grimm version of Weiss tell him? Even then, how did she find out in the first place. Come to think of it, I've never really taken a moment to consider if I can trust him.

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): I know my fate Rose... I know you'll kill me, and stop the destruction of this dimension, I know that €£¥€£¥€ and the others will peri-

What the hell just happened? It's like his words got scrambled or censored.

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): *Chuckles*It appears HE doesn't want you knowing what his intentions are.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): What do you mean? What are his intentions and who is he?

Harbinger(Y/N I Awaken AU): I've explained enough to you Rose. My lord wants your head, and your little resistance team dead. I don't plan to go down as easily as the other warlords. Now you don't have anyone, you're all alone. It's just me and you, a duel of the fates...

Ruby(Resurrection AU): In the name of the multiverse, I will see to it that you fall, and this dimension is restored!

I dashed at him as he raised his axe in the air. Even if I'm alone, I will defeat him, and I'll take down The Goliath too. Then everything will be fixed, and the multiverse will be restored. There is a happy ending for everyone, even for The Goliath... and I'll make sure everyone gets that happy ending!