The Cycle You Can't Remember

Ruby(Resurrection AU) POV
Location: ???(???)

I woke up in a world of pure light. There was no floor, trees, sky, not even the sun. It was like a blank canvas. Where am I?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): Welcome back Ruby...

I turn around to meet the voice, it's him, the man from earlier. He was sitting on a throne. The throne was hypnotic glowing a cosmic black and purple as if it too was a piece of the galaxy itself.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Where are we?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): We are in MY kingdom once a place of serenity and hope, which has since devolved into my own personal prison and hell.

What does he mean by that? What has he meant? I have so many questions, questions that I didn't have until now...

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): I know you have several questions Ruby. We have some time before the cycle finishes resetting again. You can ask me what you'd like if you wish. However once everything is reset you won't remember any of this.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Who are you?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): I am AbyssalHeart. I am the creator of this multiverse you reside in. However I'm not the creator of your canon story or any of RWBY, but the Y/N's were of my own design.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): What do you mean by you didn't create me or RWBY?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): You are not of my creation. All properties of RWBY belong to a... how do I put this? "Organization of people" in my world. And as such you are nothing more than a clone that was manifested with the physical form and memories of Ruby Rose. However you are not the true Ruby Rose, with the exception of the Y/N's in this story, in this universe no one else in this multiverse is the original version of themself.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): What do you mean by the original versions?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): In my world I don't own your IP nor had or have any contribution to your creation. I don't have access to the original character IP's. Nor do I have access to their storyline.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by IP or canon.

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): *chuckles* I didn't expect you to. It doesn't matter, you'll forget everything that has transpired in a few minutes.

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Why are you doing this? Why are you resetting everything?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): This isn't the first time I've done this Ruby. I... we've done this several times before. But this time for certain will be the last reset, for good. I've grown tired, tired of being beaten down, driven insane, pushing my broken mind to the limit to make sure I wasn't forgotten. Which was never my original intention...

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Then what was your intention AbyssalHeart?!

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): I wanted to create a universe, a story that wouldn't be forgotten in time, as I know I will. However somewhere in creating this I let myself slip, and I broke my moral compass. My morals were to never make something half baked and full of plot holes. Yet look at what I've done, look how this story played out Ruby. It's too late for me to change what I've created, the damage has already been done. I'm sorry. This wasn't how the story was supposed to end...

Ruby(Resurrection AU): Then how the hell was it supposed to end?

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): I don't know, but we... you were supposed to have a happy ending at the end of all of this. This story wasn't supposed to end on such a sour note. I'm afraid I can't do anything about it now. I've done too much damage to the story as well as my body and mind to rectify and fix my actions, to change out the written fate. Now it's time for me, as well as this broken universe to be destroyed and forgotten... funny the thing that I once feared so greatly I now embrace with open arms.

*Attention, reset is ready to be activated*

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): I'm sorry Ruby. It's time for you to go. I don't know what will happen to you when you are deleted, yet again... I suppose it won't matter. Once I've deleted this universe I too shall be deleted. I just want to be forgotten... I'm tired of being scared, I'm tired of the migraines, I'm tired of the anxiety, I tired of being alone...

He began walking over to a small desk, it too sporting the same look as the throne he was sitting on. The desk had a singular button on it. I wanted to get up to stop him, I wanted to do something, anything. But my body would only let me watch.

AbyssalHeart(The Creator): Goodbye Ruby...

He pressed the button. I felt the world around me begin to become brighter. I struggled again to try and move, but to no avail. Suddenly everything that had happened began to fade away from my memory. No! I don't want to forget! No! No! No!

Yang: Ruby! Ruby wake up!

I woke up in a cold sweat. My heart pounding out of my chest. What just happened? Why am I so scared?

Yang: Are you ok?! What just happened?

Ruby: I... I don't know...

I started to cry, I don't know what's come over me.

Yang: *Hugs Ruby* Hey Rubes it's ok I'm here for you, I'm sure whatever happened was nothing more than a bad dream.

Ruby: Yeah, you're probably right sis, just a bad dream...

Yang: Go back to sleep, we have to go see Ozpin tomorrow morning to meet and help out the new student Y/N.

Y/N... why does that name sound so familiar? Probably someone from my old school maybe? Who knows? I lay back down and close my eyes... I'm so tired. It feels like I've been fighting for a long time...