VI Hide n' Seek

time skip - CHROLLO POV - phantom troupe hideout
As everyone started arriving, I decided it would be good to show the rest of the troupe how (y/n) had progressed so far. I glanced at her; she looked deep in thought.

Once everyone had arrived, we began the meeting. We discussed future plans for raids and other things. Hisoka said he would be taking the Hunter Exam in a couple days, so we shouldn't count on him for at minimum, 3 weeks. We finished up other matters before I brought up (y/n).

"(Y/n), would you like to show everyone what you were working on earlier today?" She looked at me, taken aback and vaguely confused for a second.

"Sure," she stood up.

(Y/N) POV
I raised my arms slightly in front of me, fingers curling and stretching. I focused my nen into the tips of my fingers and then relaxed, letting myself loose; as I did so, my 8 foot weapon materialized in the centre of the room. Everyone jumped and I noticed a few had backed up a few steps.

"So this is what I've been developing. So far, I can only make one at a time. I can make another one, but it's practically useless." I demonstrated as such; the second puppet appeared, meek and weak. I got rid of it. "So far, all I've made it do is lift up heavy things, including humans. I thought of another move it could do, may I test it out?" I looked at Chrollo. He nodded. I closed my eyes, concentrating hard. I further activated my nen and focused on my puppet. Trying as hard as I could and exerting as much nen as I thought possible, I opened my eyes. I knew it had worked. Crawling from the bottom, arms and face of the puppet were small bugs. I focused once more as I made the bugs do my bidding: form a circle around the puppet, make a tower, climb up the walls. I smiled, dropping my hands. My nen creations dissipated once more. That was exhausting. I sat down, breathing heavily.

Everyone looked shocked. Some even looked proud, while others intrigued.

"Nice work, (y/n)," Uvogin said. I smiled, to exhausted to reply.

"(Y/n), do you want to go lie down?" Pakunoda asked.

"Can I?" She nodded. "Thanks." I smiled at the rest of the troupe before staggering back to my room. Shit, that was more tiring than I'd expected. I collapsed on the moss-covered rock, falling asleep instantly.

3RD PERSON
"She's progressed a lot, hasn't she," Nobunaga commented.

"Yeah, she has. How long did you guys train for, Chrollo?" Franklin said.

Chrollo had a serious look on his face. "We didn't; she did that all herself this morning." The already silent room seemed to get even more quiet. At last Feitan spoke.

"It's-a-good-thing-you-chose-to-keep-her-boss."

"Yeah, if she was taken in by someone else and taught by them, she could potentially be a threat," Uvogin said.

"She's not the strongest person we've seen, but but her progress and skill are worth keeping an eye on," Machi continued. The room fell silent once again, everyone deep in thought.

time skip - 3RD PERSON
A few days had passed since the last meeting, and it was the day of the Hunter Exam, which Hisoka was to take.

(Y/N) POV
My mind awakened, though every other part of my body stayed as if it was asleep. I slowly opened my eyes and stretched, waking my body up.

"You're finally up, are you?" a sickly sweet voice said. I jumped up, putting the rock in between me and the sound the voice. The man who spoke was sitting cross-legged on the ground, idly shuffling a deck of cards.

"What are you doing here? Chrollo told you that-"

"Well, I'm not doing anything, am I? I just wanted to visit you before I took my leave. Besides, I needed to feel your power before I had to go." He puts emphasis on the last sentence. I got ready to fight if I needed to. His face contorted into a twisted expression. "Ohh, yes~." He said, standing up. He threw his head back, leaning back a bit as he did so. "Come on, let's fight before I have to go~. I'll admit, you aren't as strong as I'd like at the moment, but still...I'm sure it will be entertaining~." He started stepping closer and closer, his expression just as evil. The look in his eyes were familiar to me. As got nearer, I took a few steps back, evaluating my options: there was no way I would beat him head on in a one-on-one. I felt my back hit the wall. I decided my best option was to quickly attack with a single blow, and then make a run for it. The way he was, I think if my attack was strong enough, he would feel and bask in the aura and its' power to satisfy his weird fetish before reacting. I took a breath to steady my racing heart. He was now only 4 metres away. Once he crossed half that distance, I conjured a puppet behind him and, as he turned around, made it hit him with a small bundle of nen bugs. I ran.

I could hear soft chuckling as I ran away from him.

"Smart. Now I want to play with you even more~."

What was he doing? Chrollo told me that he told him that he wasn't allowed to attack me like that, and here he was, fucking attacking me! I couldn't concentrate on that now. Obviously that clown wasn't intending to follow what Chrollo said, so all I can do is defend myself. I turned some corners before hiding in a room. I crouched, on guard, listening to see if he was following me, before relaxing slightly and thinking. It would be at least another 30 minutes before the troupe started arriving, so as long as I could evade him for 30 minutes, I was good. But what if I couldn't?

"Ooh, are we playing hide n' seek? Fun~. I guess I'm seeking then. Ready or not hear I come~~."

My breath hitched. That was sooner than I'd expected. I think just making a dash for it was my best option; better than me staying here like a sitting duck, at least.

I peeked around the doorframe, and when the coast was clear, I started making my way to the exit.  Every now and then I would duck into a room and check up and down the corridor, but I never saw him. Or heard him, for that matter. Little more than 5 minutes later, I finally caught sight of the sunlight shining outside. Turning around, I checked to make sure there was no clown, and then I ran to the exit.

I was greeted by the morning sun rays on my skin, and I was relieved to escape that clown. I faced the doorway, seeing if I could see him, but nothing. I sighed in relief.

"Found you~."