XI Falling Fingers

UNKNOWN POV
"Are you sure it's her?" A deep voice rumbled.

"Yes sir, she matched the description."

"Hmm...follow her and track her movements."

"Of course, sir. By the way, she was also spotted with another man. I believe it was Chrollo Lucilfer."

The deep voice chuckled. "Well, well. This will be fun."

time skip - (Y/N) POV - chrollo's house
When we got home, we took everything out of the car and headed up to the penthouse. Chrollo looked deep in thought.

We exited the elevator and put the bags by the elevator door.

"Do you want pizza?" Chrollo asked.

"Sure." Chrollo went to his computer to go to the pizza place's website.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Just a pepperoni pizza with lemonade." He nodded. After he put the order in, we just sat on the sofas in silence. He still looked contemplative. "Hey, Chrollo? Is everything alright, you look kind of deep in thought." His eyes focused on me.

"No, I'm just thinking."

"Oh, okay." He stood up.

"I'm going to shower. Answer the door when the pizza arrives."

"You got it," I replied as he left. I exhaled. Why did his eyes look so...moreover, why was I holding my breath?! When his eyes focused on me, I just...Shaking my head, I took a deep breath then headed to the kitchen to wash my hands.

CHROLLO'S POV
I headed to my bathroom and stepped into the shower, thinking. Why were those two men, there? It's one thing if they were just perverts, but why were they also in the parking lot? What were their motives? I let the hot water wash over me, calming me. Was I overreacting? No, it was too suspicious to be a coincidence.

"Chrollo, the pizza's here!!!" I heard (y/n) yell. I turned off the shower and threw on some clothes before going to the kitchen.

time skip; recap - 3RD PERSON
Time went by; days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. (Y/n) was still living with Chrollo, and they had gotten more comfortable with each other. They still trained together, (y/n) getting stronger and stronger. She could now summon four puppets, each being able to produce regular bugs, explosive bugs and tracking bugs. They had also become considerably stronger, all of them being able to fight. Unlike the typical punching and kicking fighting style, they leaned towards a more simple but lethal style. Instead, they would aim for a quick and deadly bow to the neck and head. She was also now able to produce bugs from a little drawstring bag that she kept in her pocket. This allowed her to discreetly produce bugs. Though the puppets, regular and explosive bugs had to remain within eyeshot of (y/n) in order to work, the tracking bugs were still functional out of eyesight; they worked by a nen string being attached to them.

The troupe had gone on several more missions, (y/n) proving her strength and growth in each and every one. As missions and meetings continued, (y/n) felt more and more at ease with the rest of the troupe. It helped that Hisoka wasn't there.

time skip; 3 1/2 months - 3RD PERSON - phantom troupe hideout
The troupe had gathered for a meeting to go over their last heist. During these meetings, they discussed what problems they may or may not have encountered and how to avoid similar possible problems in the future.

"Ha! They were all just a bunch of wimps if you ask me," Uvogin laughed.

"Yes-I-thought-there'd-be-more-of-a-fight," Feitan said. Then the room went silent, everyone looking at the pieces of paper falling from the ceiling. Cards.

"Oh great..." Machi said.

CHROLLO'S POV
"It's nice to see you too, Machi~" a voice said. "Have you all missed me?" He wrapped an arm around (y/n)'s waist. Anger bubbled in the back of my mind.

"Get your hand off her. And what were you doing for so long, the Hunters Exam only lasts a month a most," I said, rather stiffly. He pouted, but removed his hand from her waist; she took a few steps away from him.

"I found something fun to do, so I took longer than expected. Why, did you miss me~?" He purred.

"No," I stated. "Now, regarding our next heist. There is an auction coming up in York New. We are going to be taking everything."

"Everything?" Uvogin asked. "We're gonna make every mafia gang our enemy." I saw (y/n) fling ever so slightly at the word 'mafia.'

"Scared?" I asked. He grinned a grin that always made every single one of us excited to rob and kill.

"No; I'm excited!"

We discussed possible plans on how to get away with everything up for auction before ending the meeting. As everyone filed out, I saw Hisoka making his way to (y/n). I hurried over, but stopped a few metres away. Hisoka attempted to put his arm around (y/n) again, but he caught his hand and pinched it before letting go and walking away. I unconsciously smiled.

I saw (y/n) waiting by the car, blatantly ignoring Hisoka, who was trying to talk to her. I smiled before quickly wiping it off my face. "Can I help you, Hisoka?" I asked.

"Oh, hello Chrolls~. We didn't get to chat earlier. You won't believe this little boy I met. Ah~, my little fruit." He said, eyes glazing over a bit.

I didn't care one way or another about this boy, as long as it meant Hisoka would stay away from (y/n). (Y/n), however, seemed to take an interest.

"When you say 'little boy,' how old are we talking?" She asked.

"Mm, can't have been older than 12~," Hisoka replied. "Why? Jealous~?"

Her eyes narrowed. "Don't touch him, pervert. If you lay a finger on him..." Her nen darkened. Slight bloodlust could be felt in the air.

"Hm, I like that~. Should we have another fight? Our last one was so good," he said, stepping towards her. I could see her stiffen. I decided to cut in.

"Hisoka." He looked at me.

"Aww, feeling left out?"

"The meeting ended, you can leave." I watched (y/n) get in my car. Hisoka noticed as well.

"Do you mind giving me a ride? Just to the city," he turned around, grabbing onto (y/n)'s car door. Not batting an eye, she closed it. With Hisoka's fingers still on the door. I tried to hold back a laugh as he winced then...moaned? I sighed, laughter gone. (Y/n) opened the door again, of which Hisoka was in the way of. He stumbled a few steps back as he was hit by the door. I watched as she stuck her hand out and dropped something onto the ground, then closed the door again. I stepped forward, taking a closer look at what she had dropped. It was...Hisoka's fingers. Internally smiling, I went to the other side of the car and sat in the drivers' seat. Hisoka pouted, then ran off to Machi, presumably to have his fingers fixed.

"You really don't like Hisoka, do you," I said as we drove off. 

"He's a pedophile, pervert, masochist, and all-around disgraceful human being. Of course I hate him," she said stiffly. I hummed in response. I remembered how (y/n) was treated with the mafia, so that was probably a big reason why she reacted as she did. We spent the rest of the journey back home in silence.

——————————
A/N
I know it's never really stated whether or not Hisoka is a masochist, but I feel like he is.