XIV The Auction: A Requiem

scene change; Kurapika and Nostrade - 3RD PERSON
Kurapika and Nostrade rushed to room 501, where his daughter was. They were wondering how she managed to get in without a pass, to which Kurapika soon found a clue as to why she managed this feat.

"Your daughter's picture is on the Hunter website. Someone must have found it, and most likely approached her and brought her here," Kurapika said.

"What?! I will find that person and kill him!" Nostrade exclaimed, furious. He pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

"Please remain calm," the blonde boy said. "I don't believe capturing your daughter was their main objective. It's possible she could have been used as a hostage if their plan didn't go as expected. It's dangerous. I called Melody and Basho; they should be here soon." Nostrade lowered his phone from his ear.

"Can I trust them?" the older man asked.

"You should go as well," Kurapika replied.

"But the auction-"

"There won't be one," the Kurta member answered firmly. He continued. "This place will become a battlefield, and the auction will be postponed again."

a few hours earlier - (Y/N) POV

I took a seat at the restaurant where Chrollo and the girl Neon were at. At our meeting several days earlier, Chrollo had said that he wanted me to be a second set of eyes and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. I was kind of happy that he chose me to do that job. I wanted to show him what I was capable of.

I ordered a milkshake and listened to their conversation. From what I could hear, Neon was a fortuneteller. The waiter brought me my drink and I sipped on the frothy beverage, stirring the star every once in a while, as I continue to eavesdrop on Chrollo and Neon's conversation.

"Impressive, can you do mine?" I heard Chrollo ask.

"Sure," the girl replied in her annoyingly high voice. "Write your full name, date of birth, and blood type on a sheet of paper." I saw Chrollo write something down on a piece of paper before passing her said piece of paper. "Chrollo...Lucilfer? Hahaha, that's a funny name," she giggled. I wasn't amused, and from what I could tell, Chrollo wasn't all that fond of her reaction either, but he just kept smiling.

"My friends just call me boss," I heard him respond, followed by more giggling.

I took another sip of my drink before looking back up, only to be met with Chrollo's eyes, before he looked away.

"Then I'll just write your fortune," the girl said. She twirled her pen and a weird animal-like thing appeared behind it. Her expression became void of the many emotions she had been displaying moments before and started writing. After a minute or two, she let out a breath and spoke again. "Okay, all done."

"May I take a look?" I heard Chrollo ask, and she nodded and passed the paper over.

I heard Neon start saying something, but I was too concentrated on Chrollo's face. To my greatest surprise, I saw a single treat roll down his face. Immediately, I moved to get out of my seat, but I saw Chrollo motioning for me to sit back down, so I did, reluctant though I was. I took another sip of my drink, and pretty soon, Chrollo and Neon stood up, so I did too. As they exited, I followed them. They took an elevator, so I decided to take the next one. I heard the clunk of the elevator coming down, and then the soft whirring noise of the door opening. I stepped inside and pressed the button to go down.

Once the door opened again, I stepped out and saw Chrollo and the girl a few metres ahead, so I ducked into a corridor. I peeked out in time to see Neon falling to the ground and Chrollo catching her.

"Are you okay?! "Call a doctor!" I heard him yell. Pfft, of course she was alright. She's stubborn enough not to die, and it's not like Chrollo aimed to kill her. I listened to the exchange between Chrollo and the guard some more before turning away.

present time - 3RD PERSON
"A trail of blood. He wants to be found." The man paused. He was one of the hires for capturing the Phantom Troupe. "You're like me; addicted to murder." He took a few steps forward and saw a dead man, tied to a chair.

"Don't worry, I don't use cheap tricks," Chrollo said, emerging from behind the tied-up man. "Let's play one-on-one." The other man Drew his knife in agreement.

scene change- with Feitan and Phinks - outside of the auction building
"The-boss-wants-to-go-wild-in-the-Cemetery-Building,-and-that-we-should-come," Feitan said.

"We aren't too far from there. What about the rest though," Phinks replied.

"They've been cleaning up the rest."

"Alright, let's go," Phinks agreed.

"The boss made a rule this time: go absolutely crazy."

3RD PERSON
A car forced its' way through police cars, crashing into anything that didn't move out of its way. Men in black suits fired guns at the car, but no harm came to the two people inside the car. The car swerved and its occupants exited, the car turning to fire. Franklin, the first of the two, fired his Nen bullets to the bodyguards, Shizuku standing behind him.

Feitan swiftly cut off some heads, while Phinks weaved his way through the mafia men, twisting their heads as he went.

A bodyguard started shooting at his own comrades, under the influence of Shalnark.

Pakunoda calmly pointed a gun at a man's head and fired without blinking.

Machi turned some of the men into puppets and made them gun down the other bodyguards.

(Y/n) had her bugs hold the guards legs, preventing them from moving before sending a bomb into each of their faces.

Hisoka watched the events unfurl with a contemplative eye.

The assassin fighting Chrollo lay alive, but with chunks of his body gone.

"This is an Indoor Fish," Chrollo said. "It's made from Nen, hence it only exists indoors. It's a carnivore that enjoys human flesh, yet its' victims don't feel pain or bleed. And they won't die until the Fish disappears." Chrollo pressed a button and the window rolled down, causing the fish to disappear, and so the man died.

Chrollo raised his arms as a composer would do and an invisible choir started singing.

"Uvo-san. Can you hear us?" Chrollo thought to himself. "We're playing a requiem for you."