XI The Auction: The Chain User

time skip; a couple days later - 3RD PERSON - phantom troupe hideout
"Ok, so the final plan will be: Uvogin, Machi, Shizuku, Feitan, Franklin, Nobunaga and Shalnark will go to the auction. Feitan and Franklin will take care of all the guests and Shizuku will clean them up. Uvogin, Machi, Nobunaga and Franklin will be ready to leave once you guys get the auction items, and they'll also be backup if you need it. Phinks, Hisoka, (y/n), Pakunoda, Bonolenov, Kortopi and myself will stay in the hideout. Everyone understand?" Chrollo said. Everyone murmured in agreement. "Alright then. We'll meet here at the end of the week at dusk."

time skip; the first day of the auction - (Y/N) POV - phantom troupe hideout
The troupe met at the hideout briefly before Uvogin, Machi, Shizuku, Feitan, Franklin, Nobunaga and Shalnark left. The rest of us stayed. We all sat there, silent. Everyone lazily kept themselves busy: Hisoka played with his cards, Pakunoda sharpened her knife and so on. I just sat on the floor with my back against the wall, throwing my drawstring bag up in the air.

A couple hours later, Chrollo received a phone call. We stopped what we were doing to see if there was any important information.

"There wasn't any merchandise?" Chrollo asked. I heard Uvogin's muffled voice on the phone. He listened, then spoke again. "There are no traitors. Besides, Judas wasn't a traitor. It's said that Judas sold Jesus out for 30 pieces of silver, but how much would a traitor ask from the Mafia? Consider the merits; what would the traitor gain by selling us to Mafia? Money? Glory? Prestige? Do you truly believe that any of us cares for those things?" I heard Uvogin's muffled voice; I strained my ears but still couldn't hear him. "You see?" Chrollo continued. "Besides, something else here doesn't add up. Assuming there was a spy, the response was too tepid. If they had foreknowledge that Class-A bounties would appear at the auction, they would have increased security. The auction goers were all uninformed and unarmed. I believe that someone," he paused, "provided information that wasn't explicit. However, a Mafia community leader believed that information." Chrollo paused as Uvogin spoke again. Then he continued. "Did you ask the auctioneer where the merchandise was moved?" Uvogin answered him, I assume, and then Chrollo spoke in response. "Did you get the names of anyone who might know?" Chrollo paused for a while. "I see then. Since the Shadow Beats weren't guarding the auction house, the Mafia didn't know we were coming. He must possess a nen power similar to Shizuku's. Surely they noticed, after 500 people disappeared, that they're facing nen users." Uvogin said something, so which Chrollo replied, "Naturally. Put on a show for the pursuers. That will draw them out," then Chrollo hung up.

"What's wrong?" Pakunoda asked.

"The merchandise has been moved by someone else." We all stood up, on guard. "Sit, there's no need to leave. Uvogin and the others will deal with the people following them." We sat back down, still ready in case we needed to leave.

time skip; several hours later
The phone rang again. We tended until Chrollo waved a hand, telling us to relax.

"Understood," said Chrollo before hanging up. "Chains..."

time skip; a couple hours later - CHROLLO'S POV
"Ah, just remembered," Hisoka drawled. I looked up from my book, "I was supposed to meet someone today. I'll be heading out."

"Sure, go ahead," I replied. "As long as you return by 6pm tomorrow." He turned around. "Up to some mischief Hisoka?" I added.

"But of course."

As he left, my eyes glanced to (y/n). She watched Hisoka leave, a faint hostility could be seen in her eyes. Once he was completely out of eyesight, she relaxed once again. I watched as she pulled out three bugs and attempted to juggle them. She was successful for a couple seconds before they fell to the floor. I smiled to myself.

I've been thinking about her a lot lately. I don't exactly know why. I would say I admire her for her power, but everytime I think of her, I don't think of her power; I just think of her.

time skip; a couple hours later (CHROLLO'S) POV
I picked up the phone as it rang, and listened to the speaker.

"Ok, yes get him first before going forth with the plan," I replied. "Uvogin has been captured, but the rest of the troupe is going after him," I said to the group at large. Pakunoda sighed while the rest of the troupe nodded.

"Is he gonna be alright," I heard (y/n) ask. I turned my head to face her. She had her usual calm expression, but I saw her eyes glint with sorry for a second, before returning to their usual state.

"Yes, if there's anything we know about Uvogin it's that he doesn't die easily. He'll be fine." She nodded but still seemed on edge.

time skip;
"A chain user. He's either a Manipulator or Conjurer. Uvogin is a dominant fighter. But in a one-on-one he is most vulnerable to those two categories. Many conjurerd give special powers to the things they create. Some of those abilities could render Uvogin helpless. And a manipulator could manipulate Uvo himself," Chrollo said, before he was cut off.

All the troupe members, with the exception of Uvogin, were gathered in front of Chrollo.

"I should have tagged along! Damn!" Shalnark said, frustrated.

"If he fails to return by dawn, there will be a change in plans." Chrollo said. Everyone nodded in acknowledgement. The faces of the troupe were serious, anxious for the return of their friend.

-------------------------
A/N
Hi guys, here's the next chapter. I'm really really sorry I couldn't release it earlier. ('༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ') I had to keep referring back to the episodes and it took a lot of time. To add onto that, I started school again, but I promise I'm gonna keep updating.

Since I had to keep referring back to the episodes, I just figured next time I need to go back to the episodes cause it's a big moment or something, I'm just gonna do it from memory to save time.  This will mean that some of chapter content may be end up with my story being slightly different from the original HxH content, though the storyline and end-goal will still be the same. Don't worry too much about that though, I will rewatch the episodes jsit to make sure it won't be completely different.

Like I said before, I promise I'm gonna keep updating. I really love this story and I'm gonna continue working on it. Even if I haven't updated for months, this story is still gonna be ongoing. The only way that this story will stop is if I tell you guys, though the only time I will tell you guys that this is ending will probably only be once this story comes to an end.

Also I know this update isn't the best it could be (regarding the grammar and writing-style) cause I wanted to quickly finish it so I could get it out to you guys. Hopefully the next update will be better :)

Thank you and I'm sorry again,
Amelie (ToT)