VIII Confusing Feelings

3RD PERSON - phantom troupe hideout
Boom.

Hisoka's eyes widened as he realized what was happening. Ahead, he saw (y/n) fall to the ground while her two nen puppets disappeared. He grinned, more turned on than he had been in a while. Then his vision was blocked.

10 minutes had passed since the explosion, and Hisoka managed to get to his feet. If he were a child, he would have been killed, but the bomb wasn't strong enough to severely injure him, at least not yet. That didn't mean it wasn't strong, however. It was strong enough that Hisoka needed a minute to gather his energy before getting up.

He staggered at first, but still was able to make his way to where (y/n) lay without losing his footing. He knelt down and picked her up, his arms under her knees and against his back.

CHROLLO'S POV
The rest of the troupe and I met at a coffee shop to buy (y/n) some breakfast before heading to the hideout.

As we exited the quaint coffee shop, we saw a flash in the distance, in the direction of our hideout. We all froze, confused and cautious.

"Was that..." Shizuku drifted off.

"Let's go," I said.

We briskly made our way to the hideout, and as we neared, we saw a stooped figure. He slowly stood up and turned around. He looked directly at us. Hisoka. And in his arms was...

I quickly walked towards them, almost running. The rest of the troupe was behind me.

"Oh, hello~" he mused. He was covered in scratches and bleeding in more places than one. My eyes fell to (y/n). Cards stuck up from her flesh. Her white shirt was blood-stained and torn in places. Why did I feel so angry?

"Don't worry, we just had a little fight~," Hisoka said, mouth twitching up at the sides.

"What. Happened," I asked, calming down. Hisoka explained what events had occurred before we came.

We all were taken aback. "Hisoka, what did I tell you about attacking (y/n)," I finally said.

"Well, I wasn't going to actually fight her, but when she ran away from me I just..." his expression turned lustful, "snapped." He finished the sentence, moaning a bit.

"That doesn't change the fact that you disobeyed orders. We'll take about it after we take care of (y/n)."

"But what about me?" He whined. "I'm just as beat up. (Y/n) put up such a good fight~."

"You can take care of yourself," I responded. Pakunoda moved to take (y/n) from Hisoka's arms, but I stopped her. "You go set up a place for (y/n) to be treated, I'll bring her in." The rest of the group looked surprised, but they hid it well. I, even, was surprised at myself. Why did I stop Pakunoda? Pakunoda nodded and stepped back, then made her way to the hideout.

I took the unconscious (y/n) from Hisoka and went back to the hideout, the rest of the troupe following behind me.

Once we were inside, I lay (y/n) on the rock where she slept. Even though it was covered with a light layer of moss, it still seemed uncomfortable to sleep on. She only had a blanket to keep her warm and a pillow for her head.

Pakunoda started to treat her. The rest of the troupe stood along the wall by doorway, while I stood behind Pakunoda. She unbuttoned her shirt and rolled up her trousers. I looked away at the sight of her slim but toned body. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as cards were slowly drawn out from her body and dabbed lightly with alcohol. Subonciously, her eyebrows twitched and she grimaced before relaxing again.

After she had finished being treated, Pakunoda wrapped her in bandages before dressing her in a clean set of clothes.

"Finished, Chrollo," she said as she pulled the blanket over (y/n).

"Thank you," I responded. I tossed the first aid kit to Hisoka before walking out the room. Everyone followed.

We reached the meeting room.

"Hisoka, why did you fight (y/n). I explicitly told you not too."

"Like I said~, I wasn't going to fight her but her reaction was so...admirable, I just had to reward her for her efforts and help her get stronger." My eyes narrowed at him.

"Why did you come in the first place if you were going to fight her."

"Can't I visit her? She belongs to the troupe after all~."

"No, you can't." He pouted. "You may leave for the exam now."

"But can't I wait until she wakes up~?" He grinned.

"No."

"Aww alright 'Chrolls,' " he smirked, getting up.

"Feitan, escort him out." Feitan rose and exited the room, Hisoka following behind him. I sighed. The meeting continued.

(Y/N) POV
I woke up, aching all over. I managed to push myself into a seated position. I looked down. My clothes weren't blood-stained and, looking in my shirt, I realized someone had treated my wounds. Slowly, I stepped onto the floor and headed out. I decided to go check if anyone was in the meeting room, and sure enough, Chrollo and Pakunoda were conversing. Pakunoda noticed me first.

"(Y/n), how are you feeling. You shouldn't be walking around so soon, sit down," she said, helping me to a rock to sit on.

"Thank you, and I feel fine, just kinda achy all over," I responded quietly. She nodded, understanding.

"Well, I need to head off. Chrollo will take care of you," she said, patting my shoulder.

"Ok, thanks again."

Once she left, I looked at Chrollo.

"Come," he simply said. I nodded. I slowly managed to stand up before following him. His long strides made it hard to keep up.

CHROLLO'S POV
I noticed her limping and I slowed down a bit. Once we were outside, we headed in the direction of the town.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"The troupe and I decided it would be safer for you to stay with one of us, so, as I'm training you, you'll be staying with me." She nodded.

We arrived at my car, and we sat down. I turned on the ignition and we headed off.

----------------------
A/N
I just wanted to say that even if I don't respond to your comments doesn't mean I don't see them. Whenever I see someone comment on my story, I always smile and it makes me so happy. I try to respond, but if I don't respond, it basically means I don't know how to respond without sounding weird. I'll try to think of something to say that doesn't sound weird, but if it does sound weird, I'm sorry in advance. Wattpad should really add a "like" feature to the comments.

Thank you and love you all
Amelie-chan :)