X Suspicions and Shopping

(Y/N) POV
The next day I showered and dressed myself before leaving my room. I found Chrollo sitting on one of the sofas.

"We'll eat once we get there," he simply stated and I nodded. We went to the elevator and then made our way to his car. We drove for a bit before reaching our destination: a mall. "Are you hungry? Let's eat," Chrollo said as he led me inside.

We went to a coffee shop and ordered; I a chocolate croissant and him a coffee and sandwich. After we ate, we started wandering around. "Let me know if there's any store you want to look in."

After a few minutes of wandering, I pointed to a store. "Could we go in there?" Chrollo nodded.

"Sure."

We entered the store and looked around. I examined a couple shirts and pants. I took some off the rack and went to Chrollo. "Alright I found everything I need," I said a few minutes later. He looked at me, faint surprise etched on his face.

"Already? Have you tried them on?" I looked at him, puzzled.

"What do you mean 'try them on'?" I asked. His surprise turned into a smile.

"You can try the clothes in to make sure they fit you." He led me to a door. "Go in there and try on the clothes you've picked out, and if you still like them we can get them." He sat down on a chair. "Come out as you try on the clothes, I want to make sure they're suitable for the troupe and its' missions." I nodded as I stepped inside. The first thing I tried on was a pair of black jeans and a black shirt. I unlocked the changing room door.

"How's this?" I asked.

"That's good," he replied.

"Ok, thanks." I stepped back inside and pulled on grey hoodie. "And this?" I asked again.

"Yeah," he said. The next thing I tried on was a white t-shirt. I looked at it in the mirror, doubtful.

CHROLLO'S POV
"Ok, this is the last one," (y/n) said as she stepped out. My mind went blank as I saw the low-cut v-neck white shirt she had on. "I was thinking that this was kinda revealing so I might not get it-"

"Yes it seems slightly inappropriate for the troupe," I cut her off, looking away. I saw her nod out of the corner of my eye before she went back in the changing room. Once I heard the door close, I let out a sigh I didn't realize I was holding in and rubbed my forehead. Confusion clouded my mind once again.

I payed for her clothes before we left.

"Thank you, Chrollo," she said as we walked out.

"No problem," I replied. "We should also probably get you a formal outfit. We often have to go to formal events."

"Ok, that makes sense," she said.

We made our way to a formal attire shop and went inside.

"Good evening, what can I get for you?" the worker said.

"We would like to get her a formal dress," I gestured to (y/n). The lady nodded.

"Alright, right this way." She led us past the suits to a different section of the store. "Now are you looking for a ball gown type of dress or more of a formal work attire?"

"Do you have anything that's elegant and formal, like for a gala or a different social mingling event?"

"Yes," she said. She showed us a couple different dresses that she believed would be in (y/n)'s size.

"May she try them on?" I asked.

"Of course," she said as she showed us to the fitting rooms. She handed the dresses to (y/n) who entered the cubicle to try them on.

The first was a fitted light pink mermaid-style dress that flared out quite a bit at the very bottom.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"It's very hard to move around in," she replied. I nodded.

"Ok, try the next one on."

The next one was a dark red, also fitted. Though this one had a high slit on her right leg and the top was very low cut.

"It's a bit revealing for my taste," she said, her voice a bit uncomfortable. I nodded is agreement.

Once she went back in her changing room, I felt someone watching. I turned around and I saw two men staring at where (y/n) had just been standing. I stood up, catching their attention, and looked at them, silently daring them to keep on looking. They turned away, embarrassed. Why did that make me mad?

She tried on a few more dresses before we found one that she liked. It was a floor-length, (f/c) dress with off-the-shoulder sleeves and a flow skirt. White sequins were at the base of the skirt and became smaller and more spaced out as you went up, giving the sequins a faded look; they were also in a decorative pattern on the top bit of the dress.

"I quite like this one," she said, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Yes, it's nice," I replied. She indeed looked quite beautiful in it. I turned to the assistant. "We'll get this one." She nodded and took the dress once (y/n) had changed out of it. Once I had payed, we rejoined the steady flow of people in the walkways of the mall.

"Is there anything you need to get, Chrollo?" She asked. I looked down at her.

"No, why?"

"Oh, um, I was just wondering, cause everything we've gotten was for me, and I was just seeing if you needed to get anything," she said.

"No, I already have everything I need," I answered. She nodded.

"Should we head back then?"

I smiled at her. "Sure."

When we arrived at the car, we put the bags in the trunk and then went inside the car. As I opened my door, I saw two men watching us; the same two men who were in the formal attire shop. I watched them, suspicious. "Is something wrong?" I heard (y/n) ask. I looked at her, then back up to where the men were. They were gone. Shaking my head, I slid into my seat.

"No, everything's fine."