Backlash

Kageyama's POV
I could hardly concentrate during my last class. I couldn't hear anything. Most of the lesson, I had my head in my arms resting on the desk as I listened to my raging heartbeat pounding in my head. I was almost certain the people around me could hear it. I felt tears prick my eyes from my building frustration but I held them in. I didn't want to be seen as a weak and pathetic bastard. The more my mind wandered, the louder the screams and taunts got. Zanko's words repeating in my head alongside flashing images of that day. The look on his face, the rage in my chest, the pain in my fists, the tears on my cheeks - all of it practically burned and etched into my brain. Eventually I snapped upright from my seat when I heard the bell for the end of the day go. Quickly packing up my things having done zero work, I quick walked out the room and headed straight to the clubroom. I was the first one there thankfully and I was able to change into my practice kit before Hinata made it to the room. "Oh there you are. I thought you'd ditched when your teacher said you'd already left the classroom."

I just shrugged. "I got excited. Sorry." I half lied before releasing Shinryaku from her tattoo confines. I waited outside the door for Hinata before the both of us, along with our companions went to the gym. As we were setting up, the first years entered the gym, their own companions out. From first glances, it appears Kagayaku has an arctic fox, Malo has husky and Kiyojin has red panda. "Need help Senpais?" Kagayaku asked walking in as he held out the back of his hand in front of his companion.
"That's be great! Can you put the nets up Kagayaku?" Hinata suddenly spoke up.
"Please, I prefer Hikari. Plus it'll save the confusion with Kageyama." The ginger first year replied as his companion disappeared, now a tattoo placed on the back of his hand. I couldn't help but scowl when Hinata let out a giggle at Hikari's response.

I was about to go into the storage room to get the volleyballs out when I was stopped by a sharp gasp. "Kageyama-senpai is that Shinryaku?!" Okay yeah, Hinata was right, being called Senpai is weird. Turning around I noticed Kiyojin admiring my companion with shining eyes.

"Uh huh." was all I replied before going to do as I intended. Upon returning I froze at the sight. Shinryaku was growling and snarling at Hinata, circling him menacingly.
"E-easy girl. I-it's just me. It's Hinata. Your companion's boyfriend. Y-You remember me right?" I could tell even from this distance Hinata was scared as he tried to calm Shinryaku down. By this point Tsukkishima, Yamaguchi and Ennoshita had entered the gym, their companions along with the first years' back up against a wall in fear. I started walking closer to the scene, but was surprised when I was suddenly blocked by Itazura, flapping her wings madly and cawing menacingly. "What the-"

"What's gotten into them?" Shouyo asked as he backed up towards me.
"Hell if I know, neither of them had a problem with us until about three weeks ago." I replied.
"Wait what do you mean?" Ennoshita suddenly asked, stepping forward.
"This isn't the first time they've done this. It started about three weeks ago, at random points during the week, they'd suddenly turn on us, often like they are now." I started to explain not once taking my eyes off Itazura - my back now pressed up against Hinata's.
"Any indication as to why?" Ennoshita asked.
"Nope." Hinata and I said in unision. "Shinryaku back up, I'm not going to hurt you!" Shouyo suddenly said, his hands up in front of him. I could hear my companion growling, my protective instincts starting to kick in before I swiftly moved to stand in front of Hinata facing Shinryaku as he turned to face Itazura. "Tattoo, now." I spoke sternly, lifting the leg of my shorts. With a snarl and a grunt, my companion complied and became her tattoo form on my thigh. I turned in time to see Itazura just settling in her tattoo form on Hinata's back, the both of us sighing heavily.

"What was that?!" Tanaka suddenly yelled making Hinata and I jump out of our skin as we turned to face the third year.
"We don't know. And we're not sure how to stop it." Hinata said in a quiet tone. I glared at Tsukkishima when he started to snicker.
"Oh what a display. The mighty beasts finally turning on the King and his Queen. A rebellion is what it looks like." Tsukkishima cooed, a sly grin on his face. Without thinking, I stormed over and gripped the middle blocker's collar my eyes stone. "Watch your next words or you'll be Jaguar chow." The grin didn't leave Tsukkishima's face and he was silent for a very long few seconds before he spoke.
"You might be an accepted king now, but you'll never be accepted as a murderer." My breath hitched again as the room fell deathly silent. My grip on his collar loosened and my arm dropped back down to my side. I remained frozen to the spot, the silence excruciatingly loud and ringing in my ears. I had no words to fight back. He was right.

I became oblivious to everything until I heard a loud smack echo throughout the gym followed by a scream. "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM KEI TSUKKISHIMA?!" Tears pricked my eyes when I noticed Hinata in front of me, fuming and breathing heavily, glaring up at Tsukkishima who was now wide-eyed and caressing his stinging cheek.
The first years were by the wall, watching with agape jaws. The third years were watching in stunned silence, unable to move and scared to breathe. Yamaguchi was covering his mouth in fear.

The room was silent, but as Tsukkishima was about to speak, Hinata snapped. And I was too shocked to even stop him.