Unfortunate Misunderstanding - Part 4

Kageyama's POV
I let out a shaky breath after my explanation. I hated to say it, I really did but I had to. He had to know. But I was shocked when I received his reply. Which was a slap to my face.  I finally looked up, covering my now stinging cheek with my hand and watched Hinata with wide eyes. 
"W-Where are you going?" I asked, seeing him turn around and start to walk towards the roof's exit. 

"Back to class Dumbass." My breath hitched. He didn't... I'm having a nightmare surely. He didn't just say that. He couldn't. 
"W-What?...." I mumbled but he knew I heard him loud and clear. This couldn't be happening! 
"I'm leaving Kageyama. We're over. How could you say that?! How could you even let such a thing happen? You should care. Because you shouldn't belong to anyone else but if you're going to act in such a selfish manner then I'm sorry but I can't be with you. I loved you Kageyama!" Tears pricked my eyes at his words, hearing his voice crack making my heart break. But it shouldn't have. Because I saw this coming. I knew it was coming. I fucking knew. So why am I so broken about this?..... 

"What else did you expect me to do Hinata?! Let them hurt you like they did last time? I wasn't going to stand back and watch that happen again." 

"There were many things you could've done Kageyama! Like tell a teacher, or tell Ennoshita or even tell me for fuck's sake! I might look weak but I can protect myself. Last year I was broken because of my so called father but now he's gone I can finally concentrate! How thick are you?!" 

I was about to retaliate and almost stepped forward to lash out, but was stopped when Shinryaku was suddenly in front of me, growling and pacing towards me - her claws scratching the brick. I glanced up seeing Itazura was flying right in front of Hinata's face. He looked pissed off and almost knocked her out the sky with his fist. But my attention quickly turned back to my own companion who was getting ready to pounce. I didn't know how she got out. I didn't signal her or anything. Maybe she heard us fighting and decided to intervein? Ugh I don't even know anymore. My head hurts. I held my hands out to keep Shinryaku at bay, glancing over to see Itazura physically pushing Hinata through the roof's exit and back into the building. But the door didn't muffle his final yell. 

"It's over Kageyama! Come and find me again when you fucking grow up!" 

I've never seen this side of him before. It was so unlike him. I was hoping it wasn't permanent because this was nothing like the ball of energy I was used to. After a few minutes, I finally gave up and let my tears fall yet again. I sank to my knees and cried and cried, ignoring the Jaguar that now sat in front of me, looking at me with pity. I couldn't bare it. I should end this now whilst I still can. But I know I can't. So I stayed where I was, bawling and unaware of how much time actually passed. 

By the time I got over my breakdown, it was the end of break and fourth lesson was about to start. So doing my best to clean myself up, I relaxed and hid my face with my hair after putting Shinryaku back in her tattoo form. Grabbing my bag, I then proceeded to head to the roof's exit and headed back to class, going to the room where I was supposed to be, sitting in my seat beside Xander and in front of Tsukkishima. 

What a shit layout... 

I barely listened to the teacher once again, simply staring out the window at the clouds passing by. It looked like it was going to rain. Which surprised me compared to the glorious weather this morning. But I couldn't care anymore. I'd just lost the only reason of living because of my own selfish actions once again. I don't get it. Why must I always hurt the people I'm close to? I don't want to. I'm just as lonely as I used to be. It never changed really. Everything I was living through wasn't real. It was just a delusional reality I created for myself to feel better. It didn't work. It never works. It always ends the same. I'm always left in the dirt. I'm always ignored and shoved to one side. And being the absolute dickhead I am, has just lost the only person that accepted me. The only person that didn't push me away. The only reason I had for carrying on. 

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!! 

I screamed in my head before slamming my fist on the table, forgetting I was in the middle of a class. Every student along with the teacher looked at me with a surprised look. I heard Tsukkishima and Xander snickering away. 
"Tobio Kageyama, just what do you think you're doing interrupting my lesson?" The teacher asked sternly, his barn owl watching me with beady eyes that sent chills down my spine. 

"Apologies sensei... It won't happen again..." I mumbled, hiding my face and drowning in the anxiety I had from the judgmental stares I was getting from quite literally everyone in the room. 

"It had better not. If it does you'll be sent to the principle understood?" 

"Yes Sensei..." 

After the class had their little snickers, the lesson continued. But I drowned it out yet again. I couldn't pay attention. My mind just wouldn't relieve me of the words that left Hinata's mouth. It was over. Officially over and I could do nothing. How could I go back? What I did was foolish and selfish. There was no way I could return after what I subjected myself to... Absolute moron!  

I wish things could go back to normal... That's all I want... I can't take this anymore... I just... 

Can't...