Guilt-Driven

Hinata's POV
I watched the sky change colours above me as I held Kageyama to my chest. My hand had gotten used to running through his hair at this point and it was moving on it's own as I thought to myself. Why would he hide that? Why wouldn't he tell me?.... I understand it's not a nice topic to talk about... and I guess I should've seen the signs.... Every time I ever went over he always had his jacket on. Every time we got intimate, he refused to let me take off t-shirt.... Every time I even visited, his room was always cleaner than it normally is. I should've seen the signs...

As the tears pricked my eyes I felt movement and I looked away from the now purple sky and wiped the tears. I looked down and noticed Kageyama was shifting in my embrace. Slowly unwrapping my arms, I let him sit up and rub his puffy and what I could guess, sore, eyes. His hair was sticking up everywhere and it looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. But there was a small shine within his eyes that made my breath hitch. There was still hope that he could come back from this.

Kageyama's POV
When I woke up, I felt a slight chill whilst I was rubbing my eyes. How long did I sleep for? Fuck I bet practice is over! Selfish bastard-
I looked down and noticed my sleeves rolled up and showing the many scars of torment covering them, meaning Hinata had seen them. I pulled my sleeves down quickly and went to stand to go back to the gym but was stopped when I felt something soft take hold of my hand.

When I looked, I noticed Hinata had taken hold of my hand and was stopping me from moving. I looked to his face and it was clear he had something to say but he was hesitant. I didn't want to push him though. So I waited until he did speak.
"P-practice isn't over yet but Ennoshita excused us from today's and tomorrow morning's practice." His voice was quiet and it made me feel guilty. It should be me taking care of him not the other way around.

It took me a while but I responded. "Looks like we can see my father early then."
Hinata perked up a little and he stood up once I did. It made me smile internally to see him somewhat happy. So hand in hand, we walked back to the clubroom to change. I took note of the now darkened sky which meant I'd slept for a fair few hours making me bite my lip.

We entered the club room in silence and grabbed our bags, not bothering to change, which in all honesty I was thankful for. We held hands on the way home, releasing our companions once we got out the school gates.
Shinryaku and Itazura bounced around and playfully chased each other ahead of Hinata and I. Watching them, you'd think nothing unusual had happened with them earlier that day.
"They seem better after what happened in the gym don't you think?" Hinata asked softly, his hand in mine and practically reading my mind.

"Mhm." I replied, not really wanting to talk all that much. After that brief conversation, we remained silent all the way back to my house. As I opened the door, I was suddenly knocked onto my back with a thud. I heard snickering and laughing coming from beside me.
Boke Hinata-
Opening my eyes which I hadn't realised I'd squeezed shut, I noticed a large, sand coloured face inches away from mine. A smile fell on my lips when I recognised him.
"Hey what's up Roiyariti?" I said as I started to scratch behind the lion's ear making him purr.

A low chuckle from down the hall made me look up. "Come on big boy, get off Tobio." Roiyariti did as told and padded over to his owner. Standing once again, I saw my father now by the door leading to the living room. "It's nice to see you home father." I said as I took off my shoes.
"Hello again Chikari!" Hinata said cheerily as he took off his own shoes after he'd gotten over his laughing fit.

"Ah Shouyo." My father replied. "It's good to see you're still taking care of my son."

"It's been almost a year already. Even I'm surprised." Hinata said with a giggle making my heart melt and a soft smile form on my lips.

I snapped from my staring when I heard my mother's voice call from the kitchen.
"Come on you lot, out the hallway!"
Hinata dashed in first.
"Hiya Shiruku!" I heard as I entered the living room. Too bright!
"Shouyo! So good to see you again." My mother said just as cheerily as she turned to hug Hinata as my father and I walked into the kitchen.
"Tobio. Hello. You and Shouyo are right on time. I've just finished cooking."  My mother said.

With that me along with my father and Hinata sat at the set table and waited until my mother brought over the plates of food. I got lost in thought and had obviously started staring into space because I was snapped from my trance when I was flicked in the ear.

"Hey! Careful Bo-" I froze and silenced myself when I looked to my boyfriend, noticing the worry and fear in his eyes. I nodded once to assure him I was fine. He raised an eyebrow but left the topic alone and turned back to the plates of food that had now been placed on the table in front of us all. After a brief thank you, we all dug in, the companions in the corner of the kitchen asleep.

We had a brief conversation about our first day as second years and about how my father was doing at the army camp. Finally, the dishes were done and the kitchen was clean and Hinata and I along with our companions retreated to my room.
I relaxed a little now we were alone and I finally took off my jacket. I didn't have to hide that from him anymore. Not to mention I was absolutely boiling.

"Kageyama?..."