King of Broken Hearts

Kageyama's POV
Three months. That's how long it'd been. Three painfully long months of suffering. But I saw this. I expected this. It's no different to my entire life. I ignored it then. I ignored all their torments and ignorance in the past. But I couldn't ignore them now. I'd fallen too much. And now I knew where I really stood. Alone and broken-hearted all because of my own selfishness.

The last three months I've done nothing but cry. Practices were silent compared to how they used to be and I'm sure everyone had picked up on the tense atmosphere. I kinda felt bad for the first years. They came in expecting a crazy flock of crows and instead they got... a dreadful mess. I wanted so much to look at Hinata. To just go up to him and hug him so tight. To finally say I loved him once again and that what happened with those bullies meant nothing. Speaking of, the two had left me alone as of late. I hoped it was because they were trying to be considerate but I doubt it. I'm just thankful I'm not being forced against my will anymore. And Tsukkishima had finally picked up on the awkwardness. All he ever did was snicker though. He didn't care at all.
And that on top of everything else just made it that much harder to roll out of bed in the morning. I hated it. I wanted to end it all. I wanted to go back up the roof and jump. But every time I arrived, Hinata was always screaming in the back of my mind. Yelling at me not to jump and telling me he still needed me. But when I'd turn around.... he was never there. And then I'd just cry. Because I couldn't do anything else anymore. I'd collapse on the roof and stay there for hours, feeling every single tear fall down my cheeks. I could do nothing else but that.
My grades had gotten worse because of this and the teachers were starting to get nosey, seeing I'd been passing out a lot during lessons because of pain and exhaustion.
So far I'd managed to bypass them but I knew it wasn't going to last.

Right now it was Tuesday evening, and I was scrolling through old messages from Hinata on my phone.
It had become a regular thing as of late. Just lying in the dark, re-reading old conversations. I couldn't help it. I had no one else to talk to so this was the best I could do. Just keep reading and pretending things were still alright. But I knew they weren't. They never will be now.
The preliminaries started tomorrow. I was honestly nervous. My first time as a second year on the court properly and now I was an absolute mess and hardly able to concentrate.
We hadn't even performed our super quick within the last three months. It was like all trust and communication had been completely stripped between us. I still remember the day we finally landed it like the back of my hand.

Remembering how giddy he got when I finally sent him the right set, remembering how flustered I'd gotten when he straight up praised me for it.
I made me smile, but it also made me cry. I wanted days like that back. I wanted us back. That's all I wanted. If I could rewind time and stop myself from doing what I did with Zanko I would do it in a heart beat. But that would never happen. Because time travel doesn't exist.

I put my phone down and rolled over with a sigh. I shut my eyes and let my mind wander. But I was cut short when I felt a fur-covered nose press against my chin.
Opening my eyes again I looked down to see Shinryaku looking back at me, a paw on my hand.
For the last three months, she had a look of pity and sorrow on her eyes. Almost looking at me as if to say "where is he? I miss him" even despite what used to happen with her and Itazura. I still never got to a reasonable answer as to why they suddenly lashed out at us the way they did but I guess it didn't matter in the end.

I reached out and placed a hand on her cheek, letting her nuzzle into it.
"I miss him too girl... but he doesn't want me anymore." I always said to her. It always made her look back at me. Those bright purple eyes looking back at mine as if to ask why. And then I'd go on to explain the incident all over again. Reminding myself of how stupid I was.
And every time I'd finish explaining, I take off my t-shirt, pick up a blade and cut. Across my chest as always to keep it hidden. I'd kept it of my wrists because my mother was starting to get suspicious of me always wearing sleeves.

So I'd cut my chest. The burning sensation I'd always get sent chills down my spine. I was such a sickly familiar feeling. But I craved it. I deserved it. Shinryaku had tried to stop me on many occasions and today was no different. I cut once. I cut twice. I go to cut a third time and I'm always stopped by a paw lightly digging its claws into my arm.

And every time I'd look over I'd stare into those eyes of pity and sorrow once again.
Most days I'd shrug her off and put her in her tattoo form to continue, but today was different. Because instead of lashing out I heard my phone go off. And it surprised me. I assumed it was my mother telling me she'd sent home money for me to live off for the next week until she returned home. But I had to check. And so I walked over, putting the blade away and picking up my phone, almost dropping it when I saw who it was from.

My Tangerine: "Hey..... I have to tell you something.... meet me in the roof after evening practice tomorrow."

I never changed his name. I didn't have to heart to. But I was in shock. He actually... messaged me... but... what was he going to tell me after three months?...