CHAPTER ONE

Five years ago. 10 months into Sophomore year

"He'll literally melt if you stare at him any longer," Gun told his friend New as they made their way through a crowd of students. New was looking, no scratch that, he was ogling at Tay Tawan who was currently talking to his friends. He had been crushing on Tay Tawan since high school and he was delighted to be in the same university as he was. But as much as he wanted to confess to Tay, he couldn't bring himself to say what he felt for the fear of being rejected.

"You're such a killjoy. I'm still angry at you for not introducing me to him when he's your friend, not to mention, the best friend of your boyfriend," New snickered at Gun. They became friends three months ago when Gun went to New's mother's pastry shop for some references for Off's birthday cake he was gonna bake. New was helping at the shop at that time and was happy enough to give some suggestions to Gun.

New was currently taking Business Administration but despite them not being in the same faculty, they still met from time to time.

"For the record, he is not my boyfriend. We're just friends. How many times do I have to tell you that?" Gun reiterated.

"But you don't make out with a friend, Gun, you don't," New looked at Gun with an evil look on his face as they settled down on a table by the school field.

Yes, Gun accidentally told New about his make-out session with Off. New had this certain talent of making other people reveal their deepest secrets. His interrogation skill could seriously make you spill whatever you wanna hide.

"We'll, I-I got carried away! You know, I got curious of how it feels like to be kissed and-and to have someone who cares for you," Gun stuttered as he hastily responded to New without looking at his eyes.

"Excuses. Will you stop making those, Gun? You got carried away because you liked the kiss; you like Off," New insisted. They'd been friends for only a couple of months but New could read Gun. He was not good in hiding his emotions, let alone his expressions. And as what he was seeing now on Gun's face, he could see confusion and at the same time excitement. In short, he could sense that Gun was in love. His eyes were literally shooting hearts.

"SHIT!" He was thrown out of his bubble of thoughts as his head was hit by something hard, a ball, to be specific.

"WILL YOU BE CARE---"

New wasn't even able to continue what he was gonna say when he saw Tay in front of him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Didn't mean to throw the ball this far," Tay apologized as he picked up the basketball by New's foot. "Oh Gun. Didn't notice you there."

"Uh, by the way Tay this is New, a friend from Business Ad. New, this is Tay," Gun smiled at New. Now that he had done his job, New would probably stop pestering him.

"I gotta go. By the way, Off, was looking for you. He said he was gonna tell you something important."

"He didn't text me anything," Gun asked with a confused look on his face.

"Maybe he will later. Bye!"

"SHIIIIITTTTT!!" New was hyperventilating. He was now dancing in the middle of broad daylight, flailing his arms while being lost in a trance.

"What are you doing?"

"He already knows my name! He knows my name!!!" New shook Gun's shoulders.

"Yeah, but I doubt he'll remember it," Gun whispered.

"You saying something?"

"Nothiiing. I gotta go. Gonna look for Off.

"Okay lover boy. Thanks for todaaaaayyy," New singsonged as he continued dancing aimlessly.

*-*-*

PRESENT TIME:

New chugged down his nth bottle of beer. He was already dizzy, but he wanted to drink more to drown his train of thoughts. He was in a club drowning himself in beer but still couldn't stop thinking about what happened two years ago on his graduation day. Well, he had already forgotten that one, but he had war flashbacks earlier when he saw Tay Tawan entering his mother's pastry shop with a woman. They looked so lovely they'd probably taste sweeter than the sweets his mom was selling. So, instead of celebrating his birthday with his friends, he was in a club drowning himself in beer.

*Shorty_Gun calling*

"Heeeello? Heey Ghhhun Atthaaaffaaan," he answered as he ordered another bottle.

|Hey, happy birthday! Oh, where are you? Why is it so loud in there? Wait are you in a club or something?!| Gun shouted at the other line.

He hadn't seen Gun for a year already, but they still kept in contact. When Off and Gun parted ways, Gun went to another city after a year for a job and never showed up, even on important events.

"Ohhhh. Yeaaah. It feelzzz so goooodd to be drunk you knooww. By the way, tha-thankzzz for grething on mey birthdaaayy. I wab you freend." New was starting to talk in gibberish. "Gatttaa gooowwww nowwhh."

|Hey! Wait! Wa-----|

Gun's voice over the line got cut off as New ended the call. He was thinking that he needed to get home already for his head was already aching. After paying the bill, he swayed his way out of the club while regularly hitting random tables and chairs on the way.

As he got outside, he noticed a cab with its door open. Without hesitation, he went inside the cab and stated his address.

"But Mr, I already have a ----"

"JUUST SHUTHH UPP AND DRIIIVE!" He snapped at the driver as he laid his head on something soft. With his eyes closed he sniffed something familiar.

"Shttt. I'm already dhrunk azzz heyll, buth I can shhtill shmell Tay Tawan." He muttered before falling asleep.