CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Two days. 

It had been two days since he last saw Tay. 

And on those two days, he had not seen him at work.

"Apple. Have you seen Tay?" he asked as he passed by Apple's area.

"Oh? Didn't you know?"

"Huh? Didn't know what?"

"He's no longer working here. He finally decided to go back to their company and work there."

To say that he was caught off guard was an understatement. 

"Actually, he invited me for dinner later," Apple giggled as she grabbed her makeup kit.

He immediately went to his office and grabbed his phone. 

With shaking hands due to frustration and anger, he dialled his number.

It just kept ringing on the other line.

Answer my call you fucker!

He sat down on his chair as he sent the message and dialled his number again. 

He couldn't even count the number of times he dialled his number but his calls ended up unanswered.

_____

"You okay?" Earth asked the next morning.

"Yeah, just a bit tired," he replied as he settled his back on his seat.

"New, can you come with me tomorrow? I have to meet a client out of the city and I don't wanna drive alone."

"Why me?"

"Why not? And besides, I'm your boss and you should follow my orders, right?"

"Fine, Sir," he replied nonchalantly. 

Maybe he could use some long drive to distract himself from thinking about Tay.

_____

But he was wrong because the more he stayed inside the car the next day, the more he was reminded of what happened between him and Tay in such familiar enclosed space.

They were on their way back to the city. After closing the deal, Earth dragged him to a nearby resort for a quick swim and he just went along with him to stop his running mouth.

He also wanted to do something to distract himself.

But Earth being Earth, they stayed longer than they intended so they ended up traversing the road late at night. 

"Thank you for coming with me New or I would have lost my damn mind driving alone."

"Yeah. No problem."

It was already late and it was starting to slightly rain.

He glanced at his phone when it beeped.

Don't forget about this Sunday. Remind Tay to bring his family. I can't wait to break the news to the whole clan. 

He sighed after reading his mother's message. 

He didn't even bother to reply. He hadn't even seen Tay for the past two days. 

How could he bring him along when it was already Friday? 

"Oh shit!" Earth exclaimed as the car came to a sudden halt.

"What's wrong??"

"The car won't start," Earth replied as he attempted to turn on the ignition. 

New looked at his phone and saw that it was already 10:45 in the evening and they were still 2 hours away from the city.