CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

New stared at the ceiling despite the darkness, his mind filled with confusion, his heart slightly heavy.

There were actually two things that were bothering him: Earth's words earlier and Tay being in the same location as them.

He didn't even know if it was mere coincidence or what. But he didn't wanna get his hopes up as he was with Apple.

He looked at the bracelet on top of the bedside table and then at Earth who was sleeping in the bed next to him.

He sighed and shifted his position.

"Fuck," he muttered before closing his eyes to sleep.

_____

Tay moved the glass he was holding on the wall in the hopes of picking up any noise from the next room but it seemed like it was sound proof.

He literally had to beg White to let him occupy the room next to New and Earth's, giving off a lame excuse that the room number was his lucky number of the day.

"You look like a total idiot," Apple scoffed behind him.

"Shhhh. I'm trying to listen," he replied and moved the glass. "Where's the stethoscope I told you to get?"

"Seriously, do you think I'd scurry the place looking for a fucking stethoscope??"

"Oh come on. You could have asked the staff! Urgh! Fuck I can't hear a thing!" he grunted and placed the glass on the table with a thud. 

"Of course you won't. That wall's as thick as your face you'd definitely won't hear a thing," Apple replied and sat on the sofa.

"Urgh! They haven't come out after dinner. I think I'm gonna be crazy thinking about what they're doing inside!"

"Well, what do you think will happen between two persons inside a confined space? One being so in love with the other and the other one heartbroken."

"Which side are you really on??"

"Tsss. Just chill okay? Instead of thinking of a way to spy on them, why don't you start thinking of a plan to get him, you slowpoke."

"Who the fuck are you calling a slowpoke?" he glared at her.

"Whatever! I'm going back to my room. I still need my beauty rest for I'll be flaunting my beauty tomorrow. You sleep too, you old man. You look like you haven't slept for 10 years."

"Whatever you old hag!"

_____

"Let's go for a swim," Earth said and glanced at him.

"Sure. Let me message my mom first. You can go ahead. Let's just meet by the pool," he replied and started composing a message to her mom telling him where he was.

"Okay. Don't be long."

He then grabbed his bag and placed his essentials inside especially the lotion he always used to save his skin from sunburns.

He was about to go out when his phone beeped.

Son, your father wants to talk to you and Tay when you come back. Take care.

He sighed and just didn't reply. As much as he didn't want Tay and his parents to meet again, he knew that his father would come raging in his unit.

He grabbed the door and almost muttered a curse when he saw Tay leaning his head on the door.

"Wha-What are you doing here?" he asked in disbelief.

"I-I'm just appreciating the v-view! The view!"