CHAPTER FIVE

"Hi, admirer."

New rolled his eyes when he recognized the voice on the other line. It was Earth, his ever annoying batchmate in university. He wasn't supposed to be acquainted with him but his unrequited feelings for Tay made a way for their lives to be entangled in a way New wouldn't even dream of in the first place. It was their University Week and each faculty had to come up with a booth and a gimmick to lure customers. Their faculty decided to come up with a confession booth where people could assign a member of the faculty to deliver whatever the customers wanted to the ones they liked. Of course, New grabbed the opportunity to make use of their booth to confess to Tay. But what he didn't expect was the assigned person accidentally gave his poem to Earth. He was still furious until this day considering he clearly wrote Tay's name on the envelope that contained his poem. Since then, Earth constantly bugged him saying he didn't have to use a messenger to confess his love.

"What?"

"I like you too," Earth replied before laughing on the other line. "Don't you miss me?"

"I don't know you. Bye."

"Hey! Hey! Wait. Can I come see you?"

"I'm busy with work. I don't have time for you," New replied as he massaged his temple and closed his eyes. He just wanna go home and take a rest.

"Oh really? But you're just sitting there doing nothing."

New automatically opened his eyes and looked around. He almost lost his shit when he saw Earth standing outside his office. The walls of his office were glass and he forgot to put the blinds down.

Earth then entered his office uninvited and opened his arms.

"Aren't you gonna hug me?"

New scoffed and turned his computer on. He'd rather face a bunch of reports than talk to the man in front of him.

"You do know well you just can't barge into someone's office without being invited."

"I'm the grandson of the owner of the company. I can do whatever I want. Besides, I haven't seen you in years."

Earth flashed a bright smile as he sat down on the chair in front of New's table.

"Had I known you're the grandson of the company's owner, I would have applied in another company," New rolled his eyes as he worked on his computer, typing nonsensical words that would come up in his mind in the attempt to make Earth realize that he was busy.

"Have dinner with me tonight."

Earth leaned on his desk while putting on a puppy face obviously pleading for New to grant his request.

"No."

"Oh come on. Didn't you like me way back in college? You wrote me a poem remember?"

"You do know very well that it wasn't for you."

"But it was delivered to me. So it was mine."

"Why? Is your name Tawan Vihokratana?"

Earth didn't answer but pouted instead as he leaned back in his seat.

"If you don't mind, I've got some work to do. I don't care if you're family of my boss, I need you to make your exit."

"You're so mean to me," Earth sighed and jumped on his feet. "Fine. I'll leave you alone."

New sighed in relief as he watched Earth make his way to the door.

"For now! I'll see you soon, babe!"

Earth beamed at him before completely disappearing behind the door.

———

Tay frowned as he listened to his father's rant over the phone. He had been calling him nonstop and all he wanted was to turn off his phone but when his father messaged him that he'd come over if he didn't answer, he had no choice but to give in. The least thing that he wanted to happen was his father coming over his unit and him receiving sermon for hours. He'd rather talk to him over the phone because at least he could pretend that he was listening without being reprimanded.