CHAPTER THIRTY

New read the electronic invitation card for their University's Homecoming next week.

It had been two weeks after Tay's proposal and he eventually noticed that Tay became extra sweet.

He would wake up ahead of him and cook him breakfast though most of his attempts often resulted to either burnt food or their kitchen in the verge of being burned down into ashes.

"Babe. Have you read this one? We have a homecoming next weekend," he called out to Tay and showed him the invitation on his phone.

"Hhmmm. Yeah. Off mentioned that to me. So it's gonna be this Saturday?" Tay responded as he stood behind him, Tay's chin on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Do you have anything to wear already? Should we go and shop?"

"I think that would be a great idea. We'll go shopping this weekend," Tay replied and kissed him on the cheek.

"Let's go. I have a board meeting at nine," Tay held his hand as they both went outside of the unit.

"I wonder how our classmates look right now. I mean, it's been years. I wonder who's married and not," he giggled as they entered the car.

Tay then started the engine, chuckling at his excitement over the upcoming gathering.

"Well, I'm most certain many of us are already building families," Tay glanced at him.

He grinned and pocketed his phone. He shifted on his seat and faced Tay.

"How many kids do you like?" Tay asked out of the blue.

He almost choked on his own saliva as Tay broke the question.

"Kids?" he nervously asked.

"I mean we should start planning as early as now," Tay casually responded whilst he was having an internal mental breakdown.

Not that he didn't want to have kids, but the thought of taking care of Tay and their kids just tickled his stomach.

"Maybe two?" he replied and bit his lips.

"Should we just adopt or get a surrogate mother? But I guess it's better if we get a surrogate one. At least, the kids are still gonna get our genes. What do you think?"

He just smiled at him, staring at Tay dreamily.

"Hmmm. Is there anything wrong?" Tay asked him and reached out to hold his hand.

"Nothing. I just can't imagine building my own family with you. Am I dreaming?"

"No, you're not and even if you are, your dreams are still gonna come true. I'll make sure they will."

_____

New held out a dark blue suit in front of the mirror. It was a Saturday and like they just planned, they went to Tay's favorite tailor shop to select suits for the homecoming.

"How about this one? I like the shade of the color blue," he told Tay as he pressed the suit closer to his body to check how he would look.

"Do you like it?" Tay asked him and made him face him. "It looks good on you. Why don't you try it on. I'll get one of the same color."

He then went to change his clothes. He straightened the suit as he went out of the changing room to show Tay who had also changed to the same suit as his.

"Don't we look good together?" New giggled and clung into Tay's arm as they both stood in front of the mirror.

"So much better," Tay replied and kissed his forehead.