CHAPTER TWO

Two years ago. Graduation day.

"Stop fidgeting for fuck's sake, New!" Gun scratched his head out of frustration as he watched New walked back and forth the room. "You're making me dizzy."

"Do I look okay? Is my hair okay? Do I smell good??" New asked as he approached Gun and moved closer for Gun to smell his graduation gown.

Their graduation ceremony had just ended and Gun had no choice but to be with New as the latter bombarded his phone with text messages saying he needed to see Gun.

"Are you really sure about this? I mean, about confessing to Tay? What if, you know, "  Gun didn't finish his statement but he was sure New was able to get what he really meant.

"I don't care anymore. I just don't wanna leave university without telling him my feelings. I don't wanna live with regrets."

Gun just shrugged. He felt his phone vibrate and saw that Off was calling him.

|Love, where are you?|

"I'm with New. He had something to tell me. Sorry I wasn't able to tell you."

|It's okay. Are you done talking? If you are, please come back here. We still haven't taken our photos.|

"Okay. I'll be right there."

"New I have to go back. Off's already looking for me."

New glared at Gun who was now straightening his graduation gown.

"Oh. To be in love. Hmph!"

"Will you stop being sulky? Come on. Let's get going or else someone's gonna confess to Tay before you do."

"Shtt.  As if I'm gonna let that happen," New flicked his hair as he got up and followed Gun to the venue.

-----

New scanned the whole area looking for Tay. He had lost Gun in the sea of people and he could no longer see where he went. Considering Gun's height and size, he was sure it would be difficult to look for him. So instead, he searched for the guy he was planning to confess that day. 

After minutes of relentless search, he finally spotted the guy. He was with his friends, laughing while taking photos. He also saw Off and Gun. He noticed how the two acted like they were just friends. He scoffed. He knew about Off and Gun's "secret" relationship. 

Well, he wasn't supposed to know about it but he could easily tell if Gun was hiding something from him.

He straightened his graduation gown and wiped the beads of sweat on his face. His hands were shaking profusely, both from the hot weather and nervousness. He really wanna back out and just keep whatever he wanted to say to Tay while wallowing in sadness but a part of his mind told him to just go do it and accept the consequences.

"New!" 

New stilled when he heard Gun call his name. The short guy was waving at him. He looked at Tay who was standing beside Gun and felt his knees wobble when he saw that Tay was also looking at him.

He slowly approached the group while muttering a silent prayer.

"Everybody this is New. Tay do you still remember him? He's the one you accidentally hit with a ball. New this is Arm, Alice, Krist and Singto. And of course you already met Off. New's a friend from the Business Ad department."

New smiled at the group. He was still thinking of a way to lure Tay away from the crowd for him to do his confession. He sneakily approached Gun.