Betrayed and Chanced.

"Pika!" The small electric mouse cheered as Kanto came into view. The duo were arriving in Kanto after Ash's major win in Alola. They were going to go tell everyone the good news.

"I can't wait to see mom's reaction when I tell her!" Ash said with a huge smile. Pikachu nodded as the boat entered the docks. They quickly took off towards Pallet Town.

~!*!~

The duo went into the small town and a weird, dark aura filled the air. It got stronger as they got to his house. He froze as he touched the doorknob. He leaned near the door and heard several voices overriding another.

"No! Not in a million years!"

"Delilah! Listen!"

"Lalalalalalalala! I can't hear you! Come up with something better!"

"This is the third person that has done this! Delilah! Listen!"

"Huh? What was that? I have someone to be awaiting for? I should do that!"

As if his mom was deadly already. He softly knocked and almost instantly his mom with a big smile opened the door.

"Ash! Welcome home!" She seemed to push someone out of the way as she opened the door wider. "How was Alola? I'm sure you're tired."

"Mrs. Ketchum..." A rather dark growl came from behind her. The duo turned to see Iris, who was obviously pushed out of the way. She hissed as they met eyes. "Ash. So you seem to return." Her voice was dripping with venom. She wasn't the only one there. A large portion of his friends were there. A handful of gym leaders and some rivals were there.

"Iris..." He said slowly, glancing over the group carefully. He had been through enough regions to sense trouble. "What is this?"

"Minus your mother, this is the group that says you should give up on your dream."

He locked eyes with his mother. Did they not see his win? Apparently not since she seemed lost of words. He gulped.

"And if I say no?"

"We'll do it by force." She brought out a pokeball. Pikachu growled at it, giving it's thoughts.

"Um... no."

His eyes met his mother's eyes once more before he was suddenly out the door as it slammed shut. There was a loud screech of hatred as he went into Route One. He forgot his pokemon at the lab and paused for a moment. He would have to contact the professor later if they were still on good terms. His legs started moving again as Cilan's voice filled the air. He picked up speed as he headed towards Vermillion. He entered the Viridian Forest and quickly made his way through. He wasn't paying attention as he ran through. Tears broke through as Iris's words pounded through his head. He didn't realize it right away as he slammed into someone. He paused for a moment before looking up. His eyes met a familiar pair of black eyes. He opened his mouth to speak when Brock's voice split the air. He glanced back as something grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the bushes. He was about to say something when he was hushed. The traitors ran past them and silence filled the air as they disappeared into the distance. Only then was he able to pull away. Paul, who had pulled him out of the open.

"What the hell?" Ash snapped. Paul looked away at his tone. It was weird.

"That's not what you should be worried about. I'd head back and grab what you need while they're looking for you." Ash blinked. This didn't sound like the Paul he remembered from Sinnoh.

"You good?"

"Go." Paul whispered. "Go grab what you left at home. If your mom was smart, she would be waiting for you. Same with the professor. I'd get going now. Here." He handed Ash a note. "See you later."