The Darkseid Chain.

"I think not!"

A giggle followed as two people came into view. One wore a black outfit with a matching hat and sunglasses. A Furfour walked beside its trainer as she laughed at the other person, who wore a dark purple shirt, light jeans, tennis shoes, a blue dress jacket with a matching sun hat. Her cream colored bag was strapped to her waist. A Luxray walked beside her with a Dedenne on her shoulder. The hat shaded over her face as she sighed.

"I think you would be perfect for the task." The woman in black said as the younger female adjusted her bag.

"Attacking a guy that went off the radar? Ha! No." The younger female glanced at her. "That's just setting myself up for failure."

"You're not going to attempt?"

"I'm neutral! Leave it!"

"Wow..." The older female noticed a small group approaching them. "Maybe you should take this talk that you need to do."

"With my current schedule? I don't think so."

"They're coming for you. I have places to be." The younger female sighed.

"Typical..." As the duo separated, the group went up to her.

"Excuse me?" She slightly looked up to see Alain, Iris, and Cilan. Oh great.

"Yes?" She glanced over them. Iris's hair was practically dancing on the ground as it swayed in the wind. Cilan didn't look too different, but some changes were noted. Alain looked mostly the same, but he looked older than before.

"We're looking for Bonnie. She wasn't at home and her brother said she was wandering. We were wondering if you've seen her." The lady hummed gently.

"I would check the contest hall. She spends most days watching the performers."

"Thank you so much." As the two groups split, the lady chuckled lightly under her breath.

"Let's see if you're as smart as you say."

~!*!~

Iris hummed lightly as they walked away from the hall. They had said that Bonnie had left. Was the lady wrong?

"I say we ask her again." Cilan put his opinion in. Alain nodded in agreement.

"Why did she seem familiar?" Iris wondered out loud. She let her thoughts be known. "It's almost like she said that to throw us off."

"You caught on quickly." They turned to see the lady from before. She pulled off the hat to reveal Bonnie. She had definitely changed. Her hair flowed down her back with a single braid to the side. Her eyes were a brighter color than before. "The question is why are you looking for me?" Iris gulped. She didn't expect such a play from the younger girl.

"We're here to ask you something." Bonnie scoffed.

"Let me guess... you want to know what side I'm on."

"How..." Bonnie laughed as her eyes scanned the area. She pulled the hat on as a group of fans passed them. A lot of them were talking about a particular person that made the group pause.

"Did you hear that Μπόνι will be performing tonight!"

"I'm so excited! I wonder if she'll give out autographs!"

As the fans disappeared into the contest hall, Bonnie hummed.

"See. You guys were faster than most. The question is how long will it take." She sighed. "To answer your question, yes. I have finally picked my side." Iris's eyes lit up.