Mondo's Fighting Spirit

"Ow! Babe, that fuckin' hurts!"
Mondo winces in pain as Kiyotaka rubs a rubbing alcohol-covered cotton ball on his knee.

"Shh, shh, I know. Listen, you shouldn't have challenged Nidai-senpai to a fight. You know that he's stronger than you, so you should've known that you were going to lose. Please don't be so reckless, alright? I don't want your actions to get you seriously injured."

Kiyotaka wraps up disinfecting Mondo's knee, then grabs a bandaid out of his first-aid kit. He presses it to Mondo's knee, securing the injury.
"Please be more careful. I don't want to do this often. I don't like seeing you hurt, Mondo."

"Taka, I'm a man," says Mondo.
"I got hurt. So fucking what? I'll survive. It's nothin'."

Kiyotaka sighs and kisses Mondo's forehead.
"If you keep getting hurt, I'll just be more worried about you, Mondo," he says.

"Try sayin' that stuff to Akane," Mondo mumbles.
"She's constantly fighting with Nekomaru, and she survived. And she's a goddamn woman!"

"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't control her actions," Kiyotaka replies.
"She gets hurt, she gets hurt. She's nearly an adult. She can take care of herself, and she manages that well."

"I'm fifteen, Taka!" Mondo exclaims.

"You are still very much a child," says Kiyotaka.
"Akane, however, is seventeen. Much closer to an adult than you are."

Mondo groans.
"So what? That's two years! I can take care of myself too!"

"Now, I'm younger than you, but I'm not singling myself out. I'll admit that if I was put in a life-threatening situation, I'd need someone's protection. The same goes for you, Mondo."

"I don't need your protection, dammit," Mondo grumbles.
"Seriously, man, I'm strong enough to defend myself."

"Darling, please calm down," says Kiyotaka.
"Just... don't get into any more fights. It makes me worry about you, and I don't like doing that."

Kiyotaka kisses Mondo softly, and the biker regains his composure. Kiyotaka's kisses were like sedatives to Mondo. No matter what the biker was mad about, one kiss from the moral compass would usually calm him down.

After pulling away, Mondo smiles a bit.
"I love you."

"I love you too, darling," Kiyotaka replies.
"Promise me you won't engage in any more fights, alright?"

"I'll try," says Mondo.

"No, you won't just try. You definitely will not. Not under my watch, Mondo."

"Not makin' any promises," Mondo says with a shrug.
"When you gotta beat someone's ass, you gotta beat someone's ass. You get what I'm saying?"

Kiyotaka sighs.
"You never have to do that. It's just a negative impulse. Please refrain from testing your strength against other students. It'll just get you into trouble."

"When I get in trouble, we get to be together in detention, and that sounds like a win to me," says Mondo.

"The only reason I'm there is because I'm on the public morals committee and just happen to manage detention as a part of that committee," Kiyotaka tells Mondo.
"No other reason. Now, please behave yourself. I don't want to see you in detention anymore this week."

Mondo laughs.
"Dude, have you forgotten who you're talkin' to? I ain't never gonna 'behave myself', as you put it."

Kiyotaka sighs.

You can take the biker out of the gang, but you can't take the gang out of the biker. Kiyotaka knew this. Regardless, he still puts forth his best effort to try to get Mondo to pull his act together, at least a little bit.
Even though Mondo was a complete hooligan, the rule-abiding prefect still loved him... for some reason.

The two stay silent for a few seconds, then Mondo breaks the silence.
"Remember when you got spiked with alcohol at Hanamura's birthday party?"

"My goodness, Mondo, don't remind me of that!" Kiyotaka exclaims.
"It was horrible! I drank underage! Underage, Mondo!"

"Well, that's what you should expect when you go to a teenage party. There's always alcohol."
"No one at that party was of age to even purchase alcohol! Most of them were under the age of eighteen, as a matter of fact! Hanamura wasn't even eighteen, and he's the one who prepared the alcohol! How did he buy it?! The legal age to buy alcohol is twenty! I don't understa-"

Mondo grabs Kiyotaka's hand.
"Babe. Calm down. If you want to know the answers, ask Hanamura himself. I don't have any of them."

"I will do that!" Kiyotaka exclaims, standing up.
"I need answers!"

Mondo groans. He knew he shouldn't have said that, but he said that anyway.
He lets go of Kiyotaka's hand just as quickly as he had grabbed it, and the moral compass rushes out the door.

~💜 ❤~