Chapter 20

You could feel your heart beating fast with adrenaline, you had successfully fled from the school, leaned against a light post, you were surely close to reaching your goal, you looked up at the sky and sighed, you began to walk again, you suddenly heard a car pull next to you.

"Hey there little lady, need a ride?" a somewhat tipsy looking man called out to you, "actually I think I do." You watched as the man opened the passenger side door, you sat down and pulled the door shut, you looked at the man with a cold expression before your stand's arrow greeted his face, you pushed his body out of the car and moved over to take a hold of the wheel and off you went.

but soon you noticed you were running low on fuel, seeing an upcoming gas station you decided to stop there, you looked around the car and sure enough, the man had left his wallet for you, how generous of him.

as you walked into the station to buy some fuel for the car you noticed a familiar pink haired boy looking at various things around the small shop in the gas station, you hoped to not get Doppio's attention while you asked for fuel at the register, after paying you, you turned your gaze back into the shop, Doppio was nowhere in sight, good, you walked outside getting ready to pump the car full of fuel.

Putting back the fuel dispenser you hopped back into the car, letting a sigh of relief. "So where are we going?" You almost jumped out of the car as you noticed Doppio sitting in the backseat.

You noticed he was holding a map in his hands, "depends, what's the next stop on the map?" you asked while watching the pink-haired man, "oh! we could go back to the base!" He said as he showed you the spot on the map, you could feel sweat running down your head.

You were driving as Doppio instructed you to take the right turns while he was looking at the map, he was surprisingly happy.

You stopped in the red lights, letting out a soft sigh, you could hear Doppio move around the back seat, suddenly you heard a car door open and close, you saw a long pink-haired man open the passenger door, he sat down and closed the door.

You stared at him in silence, he looked like Doppio but yet he didn't, he turned to look at you before he pulled the map from the back seat, "next step, you'll turn left." He said in a deep voice, you just looked at him in confusion. "Who.. are you?" You asked him nervously before following his orders as the light turned green, "it's not important." He said leaning back on the seat, keeping his eyes on the map.

You kept your eyes on the road, listening to the man's directions, suddenly you could hear faint music coming, you moved your eyes slightly to see him turning on the car radio.

'I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too, Thursday, I don't care about you, It's Friday, I'm in love'

You could faintly hear him sing along, if you were correct this was 'The Cure's' song? "turn right," he said softly as he moved along the music.

'Monday you can fall apart, Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart, Oh, Thursday doesn't even start, It's Friday, I'm in love'

Yes, he was without a doubt softly singing along, you looked at the road, you needed to go straight ahead for a while.

'Saturday, wait, And Sunday always comes too late, But Friday, never hesitate'

You started to sing along too, he didn't seem to mind he started to sing louder, slowly moving his head while closing his eyes.

'I don't care if Monday's black, Tuesday, Wednesday, heart attack, Thursday, never looking back, It's Friday, I'm in love'

"Monday you can hold your head, Tuesday, Wednesday, stay in bed, Or! Thursday watch the walls instead, It's Friday, I'm in love!" both of you were singing along enjoying the music, you kept your gaze on the road watching the seemingly never-ending road go on and on. "Saturday, wait! And Sunday always comes too late, But Friday, never hesitate!"

He seemed to hold a smile on his face now as he was enjoying the music coming from the radio, you didn't even know him but you could feel a smile come to your lips as you both sang along. "Dressed up to the eyes! It's a wonderful surprise! To see your shoes and your spirits rise! Throw out your frown! And just smile at the sound! Sleek as a shriek, spinning 'round and 'round-"

He was singing louder than ever, holding a bright smile on his face, honestly, it made you feel oddly happy. "Always take a big bite! It's such a gorgeous sight! To see you eat in the middle of the night! You can never get enough! Enough of this stuff! It's Friday, I'm in love!" he let out a soft 'Woah!' at the end while rocking back to his seat.

"I don't care if Monday's blue! Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too! Thursday, I don't care about you! It's Friday, I'm in love! Monday you can fall apart! Tuesday, Wednesday, break my heart! Thursday doesn't even start! It's Friday, I'm in love!" both of you sang loudly, you were honestly enjoying this almost forgetting everything that was happening to you lately.

'Do-do, do-do, do-do, do, Do-do, do-do, do-do, do'

He let out another 'Woah', soon you pulled into the destination, you could hear the music fade off as the podcast continued on the radio, you looked at him both of you were smiling while laughing together you didn't know why soon he turned back to serious while looking at you with a soft smile.

"Diavolo." He said, "huh?" you looked at him with a confused face, "my name, it's Diavolo." He said as he got out of the car, you could see an abandoned house from afar, you decided to get out as well, not sure what was waiting for you, turning to look at Diavolo you noticed his face was pure serious now his smile had vanished from his lips as he walked towards the house.

 He didn't look like a Cure fan but I guess you could never really judge the book by its cover, shaking off your thoughts you followed after him, watching the house get bigger as the two of you approached it.