Chapter 41

The train ride so far was interesting, Diego disliked every second and kept looking around, thinking something would happen at any second, "I mean, the 'ultimate lifeform' did attack me while I was on a train, but I don't think I will be attacked again on a train," You told the jockey, he didn't seem to be pleased with your answer, "really, because one time when I was on a train, it didn't end that well, really it was painful." He stated, "go on," you told him, "well, I wanted to kill the president right by dragging him under the train but that didn't work."

"But aren't you rebelling against him again in this universe? You haven't died yet have you?" Diavolo stated with a low tone, "I'm not sure, but since we are on this train I feel like fate will repeat itself," the jockey said with a sigh, Diavolo turned his gaze on you, "perhaps it won't."

Soon the ticket inspector decided to come into the carriage, your entire group glared at him, the ticket inspector didn't even dare to say a word as he continued on his way to inspect someone else's tickets, so he arrived in Kira's carriage, "sir, may I see your ticket?" The blond turned to look at him, "oh you mean this one?" Kira handed it to the man who gladly took it, "sir this isn't a train ticket-" the inspector blew up as the coupon to St. Gentleman's flew off from his grasp, Kira took it back, hoping he could still use it.

It was a small explosion, he didn't want the stand users he was stalking hear it, he watched as the dust of the inspector drifted away, Kira let out a 'tsk' as he continued thinking about his plans, he didn't want to be interrupted and he would destroy anyone that would be in the way of him achieving his peaceful life with you.

"I think I heard something," the jockey said, "you're paranoid," Pucci told him as he turned to look at you for a moment, "I have one thing on my mind, do you have a second?" He asked you, nodding in return to his question the two of you excited the carriage for a moment as the other stared at the priest with a suspicious glares.

"What do you have on your mind?" You asked him as the two of you walked away from the carriage where the others were, "Did you know that love is as real a force as gravity?" He asked you, "I suppose, it is," you replied as you observed him carefully, he suddenly moved his arm to the wall next to your face, "I believe, we should try it," he said with a lovestruck gaze.

"Maybe, maybe not, I am not sure what you mean," you told him as you tried to move away, he put his other arm to the wall too, trapping you. "It's like the love between a true believer and their god, trust me I'll be sure you won't regret it." He said as his gaze stayed the same, it was like a switch was turned, he went from being cool and collected to, this.

You moved your hands to his chest, he almost melted into your touch, until you pushed him gently off, "I am not sure this is the right moment," you told him as you glanced around, the two of you had walked away from the carriage where the others waited sure but it felt wrong.

"I would wait for thousand years, for the time when you'd be ready," he said as he looked at you with admiration in his eyes, "If you say so, was this the reason why you needed me here alone?" You asked him as you tried to control your expression, which was going between serious and flustered. You didn't know him that well truly but still there was an odd feeling between the two of you, "Do you believe that fate is written amongst the stars?" He asked you, his expression slightly changing, "You mean you believe that 'things will be made to happen by a force that controls the future?'" You asked him, "perhaps," he answered, "but the question is, do you?" He asked, "I'll believe it, when I'll see it," you told him.

Kira looked at his watch as he kept on wondering what he should do, perhaps he should send the Sheer Heartattack after them? No that would cause a huge mess, besides he couldn't control it that well. He soon noticed someone passing by the carriage he was in, he moved into a corner trying to hide as he noticed it was you and the priest. He watched through the glass window of the carriage as the two of you passed by, you two didn't seem to have spotted him, he sighed in relief, he thanked that he thanked his luck that this was an overnight train, but he wondered, why did you decide to go to France, was it only for an escape?

He checked his watch again, he needed to wait, he needed patience, but he wondered where was the carriage you stayed in? He stood up and opened the carriage door, slightly. He could see Pucci enter one of the carriages, it wasn't even that far, perfect. He closed the door as he went back to sit, he couldn't help it, he needed to make sure things would go smoothly and perfectly.

He glanced outside, he could see buildings and such passing by, he really missed his true home, but kept reminding himself that soon he would be back, back with you holding his arm, he just needed to wait for it, he thought as he kept on dreaming about his future with you.