Chapter 38

After a rather interesting journey through the Atlantic ocean with your group of rather interesting people, you guys had decided to explore around in the beautiful city, Doppio had found a map which he showed you as he explained that this place even had an 'inverted tower', Pucci had been on his guard as he kept giving Diavolo glances to make sure the dark-pink haired man wasn't up to anything after his last stunt.

Diavolo on the other hand kept his gaze on you and Doppio, the paths were rather empty so he didn't feel that anxious of people seeing him, it was something he hated, he hated being stared at by those he didn't know, it made him feel vulnerable as he truly feared the unknown.

Diego had been admiring the historic sight but made sure to silently pay attention to the group.

Sure enough, you guys arrived into a park, Quinta da Regaleira, which Doppio was excited to see, Diego seemed to be interested to see the historic buildings too, perhaps it brought him some sort of comfort?

Something seemed off about the park, there weren't any people around, it was like a ghost town, Pucci looked over at the statues, Doppio had eagerly led the way as you followed close behind, making the other men lose the track of you two, which made Diavolo extremely uneasy.

You observed the palace as the two of you neared it, you looked down and noticed how Doppio was holding your hand, entering from the main entrance to the palace you noticed how surprisingly well lit it was on the inside.

It was like something out of a movie as the two of you explored around, finding yourselves in a room that you assumed was for alchemy, you watched Doppio look around the room as you moved your attention to look out of the windows of the doors, you could see gargoyles sitting outside looking over at the gardens, it was truly something, but what made you concerned was that there weren't any guides or any signs to guide tourists in the palace.

It was like you had traveled back in time or something, you could see the mist rising as it clouded your view, it was getting dark surprisingly fast, something wasn't right about this.

Doppio watched you, he was becoming nervous again, the two of you were alone, not that he planned it to happen, well he actually did, but didn't know it would work.

He slowly made his way over to you, trying to not alert you, as you turned to look at him he could feel his heart beating faster, "something's wrong here," you said as you watched the boy smile at you nervously, "oh what? I don't think anything's wrong here," he said, "are you sure? It feels like something's up," you glanced outside again, "well to me it feels pretty magical, this building is like from those fairytales," Doppio stated, as he slowly but nervously moved his hand closer to yours, trying to hold it but not wanting to let you know.

"Hey uh, I wanted to ask you about something," he suddenly said which made you turn to look at him, "the theatre, you know uh," he said as his face was becoming red, "what?" You asked as you watched him fidget before he got angry with himself for being such a coward, in the sudden mood swing he took a hold of your shoulders and kissed you forcefully.

He let go of you shortly after as he quickly made his way out of the room, muttering apologizes as he cursed himself for acting so damn stupid in front of you.

You were confused as your face began to change color to red as you realized what had just happened, "Doppio!" you turned to yell after him but he was long gone, moving your hand to the spot of your heart you took a deep breath in, you could feel your heart beating like crazy, you let out a soft sigh as you glanced back outside, now seeing that one of the gargoyles was missing.

As you realized this, the thought of Doppio's revenge against you for the time in theater vanished. What was going on? Did you just imagine it? But no, one of the statues was truly missing, you decided to leave the room and find your group, you moved your hand into your pocket, feeling something, you pulled out a handkerchief, Valentine's handkerchief, something felt odd about it, but you didn't feel the need to throw it away, it was like this item was important.

Pucci walked around in one of the gardens, he couldn't see much in the mist but he tried to do his best to find you, he could hear footsteps behind him, he turned his head to see no one, but he could only see few meters in front of him, perhaps someone was there? He stood there for a moment, he turned his head back and almost jumped out of his skin as he saw one of the statues of the women he had seen before, it stood only a few meters away from him.

Pucci called out his stand, which made a quick lap to draw off the mist, his heart almost dropped as he could see statues surrounding him all around. He needed to find you and fast, this was most likely a stand user playing tricks on him.

Diego was sitting on one of the bridges around the garden, he lazily looked at the dark green water, he had seen few frogs but what he truly wanted was to see you, where did that boy even take you? He had no idea, perhaps he should have looked at the map.

He tensed up as he heard a twig snap, he looked all around him, now deciding to stand up, he heard footsteps quickly move around the garden, he stood still as he tried to figure out what was happening, turning around he could see a shape but wasn't sure what it was as it stood completely still, he made his way over to it, placing his gloved hand on it, it was one of those statues.

But still, something didn't feel right, "I never understood why they decided to make these statues of ladies half-naked," he said to himself as he felt the statue, he snapped one of the fingers off of the statue and took a bite of it, "oh this isn't that bad," he said in surprise as he crunched down on the finger of the statue.

His thoughts were cut off as he heard more footsteps moving around, he surely wasn't alone but why couldn't he see anyone? Wait, how did this statue even get here?